Thread: Primal Solutions to INCREASE cholesterol? page

mlzoiss is offline Junior Member

Primal Solutions to INCREASE cholesterol?

Shop Now
    So, I am having varying degrees of success with Primal eating over the last year or so, mostly trouble getting in my veggies. It's a hard habit to change when you're not used to eating them much. But I've lost the weight and I'm still tired, and have hair and skin issues. A homeopathic doctor says it is due to cholesterol being too low. He also says that I can't have too rigorous of an exercise routine with numbers so low, and I'd agree because trying Crossfit 6 months ago just about killed me! Of course my GP never mentioned any problems with my labs, and I didn't know it could be a problem. Now after reading MDA, I am even more worried.

Some people say cholesterol goes up on a primal diet, some say it goes down. I've read mostly that cholesterol in food does little to change cholesterol in blood, so what can I really do to get my numbers up?

June 2011 (1 year post-baby) pre-paleo

Weight 173
    Cholesterol Total 129
    HDL 64
    LDL 57
    Trig 38

December 2012 (Primal/Paleo 1.5 years and 6 months calorie deficit diet)

Weight 130
    Cholesterol Total 125
    HDL 52
    LDL 65
    Trig 38

January 2013 (after 6 weeks of FCLO, butter oil and Fatty acid supplements)

Weight 130
    Cholesterol Total 123
    HDL 55
    LDL 64
    Trig 20

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    What did the homeopathic Dr suggest?
    Was it a consultation you had with them, or just someone you know?

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    What are you eating exactly in a day?

I have been seeing the homeopathic Dr. for 7 weeks, he has me on several homeopathic drops, fatty acid complex, and cod liver/butter oil, skate liver oil, and probiotics.

I might have a protein shake for breakfast, or eggs. Lunch is all over the place, I never know what to eat. Cottage cheese, greek yogurt, fruit, leftovers. Dinner is usually some kind of meat and a vegetable with butter.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Such low cholesterol may be due to a systemic infection. Check out Perfect Health Diet for more
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    Such low cholesterol may be due to a systemic infection. Check out Perfect Health Diet for more
    He is also treating me for a lower white blood cell count.

Does the Blood Center (Blood Donations) have a less accurate test for cholesterol than the doctor? Because my numbers aren't matching up.

I have always had "lower" cholesterol, could it be "normal"?