Thread: New to Primal- first week a success :) page

Canuckgirl is offline Junior Member

New to Primal- first week a success :)

Primal Fuel
    Hi,

New to primal. I was introduced to it by a friend of mine. I'm celiac, she's wheat intolerant so this lifestyle kinda make sense for the both of us

i had already phased out most grains, for obvious reasons but I was still eating rice and starchy vegetables.
    Still ate A LOT of sugar and always enjoyed my chips and gluten free products.

My personality is the "all or nothing" mentality and too often that means that I'll deprive myself to the point that I cave in to my cravings and then binge eat....and I mean BINGE EATING! *sigh* so i took a different approach, starting phasing out sugars and starchy carbs. had to deal with many days of sugar detoxing (headaches, dizziness, short tempered) but it's all worth it now.

I'm happy I was introduced to this lifestyle, and I think this is what I've been wanting and looking forward to (been wanting to find a more natural self) since transitioning to Primal, I'm glad to say that I've managed to lose 5.5 lbs the first week

-Canuckgirl

JoreyTK is offline Junior Member
    Congrats on the weight loss and it's awesome to see another Edmontonian! I've been following the low carb thing for about 2.5 years now but recently i've moved to doing more of the Primal Blueprint thing. I also wanted to let you know there is a meetup group for paleo/primal people like ourselves. If your interested check it out. Edmonton Paleo & Primal (Edmonton, AB) - Meetup
    JoreyTK
    Low Carb since August 2010

Canuckgirl is offline Junior Member
    Thanks so much. I'll look into the group. I work out almost everyday and then sometimes I volunteer so my schedule is always busy.

JoreyTK is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    No problem, I just thought I would throw it out there. I've been apart of the group since last Summer but I finally just had a chance to go a couple weeks ago. It's nice because some of the people there have good connections to grass fed meats, organic eggs, etc.
    JoreyTK
    Low Carb since August 2010