Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nursing Moms and Oatmeal? page 2

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Weleda Nursing Tea -- it's medicinal and good for you and stuff.

sunsis is offline Member
    i posed a similar question about 18 months ago. advised that if it helped with supply do it. it helped me. i still struggled and had to supplement with formula too. as per recommendation from an LC id seen several times with measurements in how much she was getting, and dietary advice for increasing supply - fenugreek made her gassy as heck so no bueno!
    so i relay it to you. if you are noticing a difference and it helps you breastfeed bub, go for it.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Back in the day - it was really frowned upon to co-sleep. Although how many times did one wake up in the morning having fallen asleep with the wee thing on the breast !!!!!!
    I always found onions, chocolate and oranges gave my children terrible colicky pains, so kicked those really quick.
    Anyway you do what you feel is right. You are the best judge of yours and babys health.
    Enjoy it thou, the times goes all too quickly
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    we coslept from the beginning, so i recommend it. people still frown upon it, but we enjoyed it.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    G I think co-sleeping is still frowned upon in most places. Silly really, as perfectly safe if done correctly

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I think co-sleeping is great too, even with my two ginormous kids.

If everyone is sleeping great and it's not hurting anyone or anything or your relationship
    with your husband, BRING IT ON.

I know my boys are going to be brooding surly teenagers coming up here in about 5
    years or so (well, earlier for the almost 11yo maybe) and will NOT want to be joined
    at the hip with Mommy anymore. Sniff.

So even though my 44yo candy ass has to sleep in a twin bed in a dorm room setting,
    I don't care. I'll take it. I love my babies and want them to feel as secure as possible.

Unlike my OWN mother who used to sleep in her own bed and her own room and lock the
    door so we couldn't "bother her". HARUMPH!

But I'm not bitter, nope, not me... nah.

Julie

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried soaked oatmeal?

Agreed, there are lots of ways to get carbs. But if oatmeal is helping with supply, then do what you need to do. I would use certified GF old fashioned oats. Set them to soak overnight with 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar to break down the phytic acid. I do oatmeal for the kids, and will measure out oats and water into bowls, drizzle in the ACV and stir. Then leave on the counter overnight. In the morning, quick stir, pop into the microwave, and presto changeo breakfast. I serve it with butter and milk for them.

If you are not having issues with supply, I would find other options that are quick, satisfying, and filling. Perhaps a sweet potato for breakfast to give the carb boost but in a healthy way? Rice with an over easy egg? Maybe even some nuts and a banana to nosh on while getting the other kids out the door until you can have a breakfast moment with peace and quiet.

I agree with you about co-sleeping, in fact love it when my wee grandbabies come to stay. they often sleep the night with me and GG.
    However I suppose some things work for some folks, and not for others !

...small steps....

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    I agree with you about co-sleeping, in fact love it when my wee grandbabies come to stay. they often sleep the night with me and GG.
    However I suppose some things work for some folks, and not for others !
    that is so awesome G. You are the best grandma

thanx Ayla - but no not quite the best - but I try

...small steps....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast