Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: N=Val. Experiments in healing... page

valmason01 is online now Senior Member

N=Val. Experiments in healing...

Primal Fuel
    You know how they say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results? Yeah, well...just cuz I am starting yet another journal doesn't mean I am insane!!

Now that we have that cleared up.

Me: 46, female, life long southern girl. Inflicted w'/ all the modern diseases: Type II Big D, Fibro, High BP, and Hypothyroidism along with a life history of depression, cuz who wouldn't be depressed w/ all that shit screwing around with you? Or maybe the depression is the cause? Actually I think the cause is modern life. Yes there are good things about it. I personally love hot running water and a/c. Particularly in Florida. But us humans have an amazing ability to take a good thing and turn it into something deadly.

This is my journal on healing from the 21st century while still trying to live in it. After about 10 months of clean eating last year with about 6 of those grain free I hit the dreaded holidays. At first it was just a small piece of fudge, maybe some corn chips. By Christmas I was eating everything bad for me except gluten because I knew what would happen if I did that. Come Jan 1, 2013, the world hadn't ended so I had to get back on track except oops...I couldn't find the track. Damn it, I was lost in the SAD jungle. I finally found the path that got me out of the Diet Coke addiction (one more time), but then got lost again. I briefly went down the Eat Moar Fat path which made perfect sense but the bushes all closed around me and wouldn't let me continue. The last few days I have been stuck in the quicksand of depression and fibro and doing exactly what you are not supposed to do when stuck in quicksand which is struggle (or eat potato chips and pecan pralines). I grabbed hold of a branch called PHD with the thought that the higher carbs could help and here I am.

Day 1: Home from work again. Went to the store and got Magnesium Malate and D3. Went for a short walk. Whined on the Eat More Fat page and got some wonderful encouragement. (http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77549.html) Started this journal because all the previous paths had closed and I needed a way to hack myself out of the quicksand and dead ends.
    Other tools used: MFP: My Fitness Pal. I am the same user name if anyone wants to add me. I am going to continue posting menus.

I now have two maps to follow. MFP and MDA journals and forums. I will keep you all up to date on my progress!
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    N=Val. Great title. Love it. I look forward to seeing your changes and how they affect your health. There are so many people in the world who need to know what path to take to cure their autoimmune illnesses. I'm glad you're paving one for yourself.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Nice journal. I follow the "I am crazy and so am I" route as well. I throw mine as to be stubborn. If you don't already have me added on MFP, I'm on their under Georgette76.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    N=Val. Great title. Love it. I look forward to seeing your changes and how they affect your health. There are so many people in the world who need to know what path to take to cure their autoimmune illnesses. I'm glad you're paving one for yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Nice journal. I follow the "I am crazy and so am I" route as well. I throw mine as to be stubborn. If you don't already have me added on MFP, I'm on their under Georgette76.
    Thanks both! I am feeling stronger just by doing something and having a plan. Georgette I will add you. We can do this!

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Good Luck! We're with you no matter what path you follow.

Thanks Pebbles!! I have been a bit self absorbed but I have noticed your accomplishments and you are rockin' it. I love that you were able to get past your binge attack the other night. Don't quit!

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Good Luck! We're with you no matter what path you follow.

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Hey, I saw something today on the interwebz about 5-htp helping with fibro pain as it increases the body's production of serotonin (but is side effect free as an amino acid found in food (derivative of tryptophan)) and that it also helps with insomnia. Not sure if you have the insomnia part of fibro, but it might help with your pain. The one caveat though is that you cannot take it with antidepressants. May be something you'd be interested in looking into? Just thought I'd throw it out there.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I've been wanting to try 5 htp also - but not for the fibro bennies. Isn't it supposed to help with hormonal issues? I was hoping for a boost in whatever will help my libido Stupid menopause! I tried it years ago when my fibro was pretty bad - didn't really notice any difference - but my system was so messed up back then it probably couldn't do its thing cuz I was so inflamed! After vacation I'm going to get some and give it a try - that and vitex.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Vitex helps with hormones. 5-htp is a serotonin booster (basically, a natural anti-depressant).

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I'm new to arthritis myself so am trying to learn as much as I can about it. It was troubling to find out that I've had it since I was a kid. Between dad's MS and my family history between my mother and my oldest sis, it seems like I am destined for it.
    Georgette

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast