Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: N=Val. Experiments in healing... page 8

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks Gwamma! Thats good to hear I have wondered if maybe mentally and physically I have been at a plateau. Spent the afternoon with Phigment with a nice walk and lunch at Moe's (good Mexican food w/ grass fed meats, a good place to stop on your visit). She loaned me the Rich Food, Poor Food book. It has some interesting info in it. may be worth spending money on. Got me inspired either way. So...start trying again. If I am moving and eating clean at least I will know I am doing all I can. Let's make an Easter resolution to be crap free! We can do this. I did tell Phigment I was going back home with you. I think NZ is beautiful and y'all have grass fed meat!!
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

After feeling really good the last week I woke up this morning feeling awful..have slept and done very little all day. Didn't even go the store so I am day three without the lightbulb I needed Hopefully whatever this is is temporary. My scale showed a two pound loss but it is the same two pounds I have gained and lost since December. I will be happy when I get past that. A rather busy week but then spring break!! WooHoo!! Not that my life is exciting enough to do too much but I do get to see neices and nephews and that is always exciting..Be nice if I had my certification and could start seeing patients. Really need the money. Not much else to report. See Phigments journal for yesterdays adventures. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread72248.html Though she lied and I had to set her straight

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    Thanks Gwamma! Thats good to hear I have wondered if maybe mentally and physically I have been at a plateau. Spent the afternoon with Phigment with a nice walk and lunch at Moe's (good Mexican food w/ grass fed meats, a good place to stop on your visit). She loaned me the Rich Food, Poor Food book. It has some interesting info in it. may be worth spending money on. Got me inspired either way. So...start trying again. If I am moving and eating clean at least I will know I am doing all I can. Let's make an Easter resolution to be crap free! We can do this. I did tell Phigment I was going back home with you. I think NZ is beautiful and y'all have grass fed meat!!
    Oh that would be fabulous. We are a very lucky nation of people, but every country has its goods and bads.
    if you ever want to visit, and Phigment can come too - always a bed and a yarn....... maybe a song with the guitar, by the fire ??????

I am thrilled that you and Phigment are spending some quality time together - friends and family make our world go round!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

New Zealand is on my bucket list. One of these days I will be at yoru doorstep Phigment and I have fun together. It is good to have friends

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Oh that would be fabulous. We are a very lucky nation of people, but every country has its goods and bads.
    if you ever want to visit, and Phigment can come too - always a bed and a yarn....... maybe a song with the guitar, by the fire ??????

I am thrilled that you and Phigment are spending some quality time together - friends and family make our world go round!!!!!

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried making your own chips? Maybe thinly slice a sweet potato and fry them in coconut oil? Or even white potatoes if that's still your fancy. Or are you one of those Fibro patients that can't do any form of nightshade? Judging by your chip addiction, they can't be too bothersome for you or you wouldn't have a chip addiction. There are lots of recipes out there that show how to make your own potato chips.

I assume you've already tried kale chips?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Oh sadly they do mess with my fibro. I just stayed in denial about it for a while, trying to convince myself it was anything but potatoes This last round of N=Val has pretty much taken care of that. I can eat them in moderation but they are for me what chocolate is for some, a gateway drug. I have done sweet potato chips before and they do help. I am just going to have to dig my heels in and be done w/ the white potatoes. Yesterday was awful, the pain was bad enough that I ended up taking a pain pill which is very very very unusual for me. I felt a lot better today and it has been 3 days since I had potatoes in any form. I have tried kale chips and I like them but they just aren't the same thing. However, if this is my worst problem in life I am doing pretty damn good If I put potatoes in the 'only when out to eat' category I will be able to live.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Have you tried making your own chips? Maybe thinly slice a sweet potato and fry them in coconut oil? Or even white potatoes if that's still your fancy. Or are you one of those Fibro patients that can't do any form of nightshade? Judging by your chip addiction, they can't be too bothersome for you or you wouldn't have a chip addiction. There are lots of recipes out there that show how to make your own potato chips.

I assume you've already tried kale chips?

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

tomi is offline Senior Member
    It could be also be the oil they cook the chips in that is causing the fibro pain. Purhaps making home-made ones will help? Do you notice the same kind of pain if you just eat a baked white potato? If not then you must conclude its the oil. In that case making your own would solve the problem of the fibro pain - but you still have consider that white potatoes should be avoided during weight loss. I suggest going a week with ZERO white potato, then have a baked one with butter and see what happens.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I like Tomi's suggestion. I've been thinking about how to make chips out of whole white potatoes, and my thinking is that you should bake them first to get them soft, then slice them super thin, then fry them in some coconut oil. The frying part should be quick since the potato is already cooked. if nothing else, you've got yourself some tasty American Fries.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I have been buying them cooked in olive oil or avocado oil. Of course that's what the bag says and olive oil is not always pure olive oil. There was a post on facebook listing all the foods that fight inflammation and sweet potatoes was one of them. I am going to try to lean that way. Make sweet potato chips if I get desperate. I am so conditioned to snack in the evenings and just can't seem to get past it.

I woke up w/ a sore throat and have felt blechy all day. My parents are coming this weekend w/ my nieces and nephew so I am trying to get the house clean. It is not up to my mother's standards and probably will not be but there is still stuff that needs to be done. There is a damn ring in the toilet I can't get rid of. I think probably from lime in the water but nothing I do seems to work. So of course it will look like I didn't clean the toilet And tyring to figure out food. My youngest niece is allergic to dairy, eggs, tree nuts and peanuts. I have tried to get them to remove grains from her diet because she still is covered in eczema but I might as well be talking to a dog. Drives me crazy! Poor angel is always scratching and has allergy shiners. Sometimes she will cry just because it hurts so bad. And my father with his 4 heart attacks, 2 strokes and diabetes will just want junk. So it will be an interesting weekend. I am really excited to see the kids though I miss them. I am hoping it will not rain and we can do some fun outside stuff. Whine whine whine My life really isn't all that bad but it helps to come here and unload some days!

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Ljphalen is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    I am day three without the lightbulb I needed
    LOL you just reminded me of when I was super broke a couple of years ago: we got to the point where we only had one lightbulb left, and my roommate and I would move the lightbulb from room to room.

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast