Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: N=Val. Experiments in healing... page 7

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks for the reminder! It is very true and I needed to hear it!

hugs back...love your new attitude btw...

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Stress can result in a flare --- try to find a way to calm your emotions. It sucks - but it is what it is - and the anger and frustration will not remedy the situation - just make you very unhappy and physically ill. Not that I don't totally understand what you're feeling, I just know its best to find a way to "chill out". I'd hate to see a flare make you even more miserable.

{hugs}
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

The jungle continues to drag me down but I have decided I am not giving up. N=Val so far has shown me no potatoes. Which makes me sad but oh well. Focusing now on slowly bringing carbs back down. Slowly because I just can't afford carb flu at the moment. Weaning myself off potato chips. Would love suggestions on this one. I just like to snack and I can't seem to break it. I have tried several things in the past but nothing seems to satisfy. I realize I may just have to suffer however; I am hoping for a better way . Going to start trying to add more movement in. I am feeling better so I hope if I take it slowly I will be able to keep up the exercise. So here it goes...hacking my way through the jungle once again.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

tomi is offline Senior Member
    try pork rinds as a sub for potato chips. They are totally primal (depending on the oil they are cooked in) - and they taste amazing! I dip them sour cream mixed with uncle dans creamy ranch (not 100% primal, but that small amount of "natural flavors" isn't going to kill me). If you decide you don't like the pork rinds - try almonds. I buy roasted with cinnamon. If you eat just one at a time and only pour one ounce they go a pretty long time.

Also --- munching on crushed ice helps. It gives your mouth something to do.

You could also try cutting up carrots - or celery with almond butter.

There are things that are far better than greasy, gross potato chips!!!

Keep hacking - you'll find a clearing soon!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Thanks for the ideas. I have tried pork rinds but they just don't do it. Same with almonds. I will keep working at it. I have found chips cooked in olive or avocado oil which makes it easier to justify eating them dammit! Not giving up...just hacking slowly away until I see daylight...

try pork rinds as a sub for potato chips. They are totally primal (depending on the oil they are cooked in) - and they taste amazing! I dip them sour cream mixed with uncle dans creamy ranch (not 100% primal, but that small amount of "natural flavors" isn't going to kill me). If you decide you don't like the pork rinds - try almonds. I buy roasted with cinnamon. If you eat just one at a time and only pour one ounce they go a pretty long time.

Also --- munching on crushed ice helps. It gives your mouth something to do.

You could also try cutting up carrots - or celery with almond butter.

There are things that are far better than greasy, gross potato chips!!!

Keep hacking - you'll find a clearing soon!

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

I found it was a matter of BRAIN adjustment more than taste-bud adjustment. I just told myself "I CAN eat *this*, and I choose not to eat *this*. Now, I don't crave what I shouldn't eat. I might have them once in a great while (2 or 3 times over the past year) - but even then I don't pig out on them. I have given up dark chocolate and almond butter because they were items I craved and would over-eat. I've given up even healthy home-made ice cream for the same reason. Well, if you can call it healthy - it still had sugar in it.

You can do this! It really is all a matter of choice. You can do whatever you choose to do! Sometimes you have to make that choice as your hand is reaching for the bag of chips......... but, its still your choice! Those little sliced of potato, deep fried in yucky oil have NO power over you! If I can stop drinking RUM - you can give up the chips! Come on, girl!!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Hah..you got me there I swear alcohol was easier than the damn chips

You can do this! It really is all a matter of choice. You can do whatever you choose to do! Sometimes you have to make that choice as your hand is reaching for the bag of chips......... but, its still your choice! Those little sliced of potato, deep fried in yucky oil have NO power over you! If I can stop drinking RUM - you can give up the chips! Come on, girl!!!!

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

wish I could say that! I'd probably be at my goal weight by now if I hadn't drank a drop over the past year!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hi Valmason - just catching up with your latest journal. I love your piccy !!!
    Like you I am continuing to struggle, however just wanted to pop by and cheer you on.
    Keep at it girl !

Hugs x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

wish I could say that! I'd probably be at my goal weight by now if I hadn't drank a drop over the past year!
    And I would be Hot Hot Hot if it weren't for the damn chips! Sigh...we can do this!

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Hi Valmason - just catching up with your latest journal. I love your piccy !!!
    Like you I am continuing to struggle, however just wanted to pop by and cheer you on.
    Keep at it girl !

Thanks Gwamma! I love your pic too! The one ofme was taking by Phigment on one of our adventures I have actually felt a lot better the last few days. and I am going to find the path out of this jungle!

Hugs x

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    And I would be Hot Hot Hot if it weren't for the damn chips! Sigh...we can do this!
    Val - from one girl to another - your are looking amazing and look where you have come !!!!!! Its been huge. Maybe your body needs a transition phase. Thats actually what I am telling myself, because I just cannot get off this plateau. But I go and sabotage my weight loss by eating and drinking too much crap. I am hoping that now that I am off the coffee, I can just continue eating healthily and one day the weight might start to slide again.
    keep smiling
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast