Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: N=Val. Experiments in healing... page 5

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I know the feeling. Hang in there and don't lose all hope. keep trying.
    Thanks Jenn! I am not giving up. How are you doing?

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I have decided that I need to own my food choices. If I eat something "wrong" (like the apple pie I am enjoying this week) then I need to own up to up the fact that I'm not meeting my goals because of the choices I am making. Bottom line - I can lose weight or gain weight - it all depends on what my hand brings to my mouth. If I could just hang on the choice to lose weight and be healthy then I would not bring that bite of apple pie to my mouth. But when the desire for the pie becomes greater than the desire to lose weight - all hope dies.

So then, how do we keep the desire to be healthy above the desire for instant gratification?? Therein lies the key to weight loss. If I could figure out the answer to that question I would be a wealthy woman! I'd be on Oprah and Leno! I'd have Hollywood and Washington DC seeking my council! I need to figure out the answer...............
    I would pay good money for the answer! You are right of course that we need to own our food choices. And I do...I just can't figure out how to practice responsible ownership. I am lost in the jungle. I will continue to hack and fight my way out!
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

(Deep Breath) Okay. Have been reading the EMF thread for inspiration and it has provided a faint map out of this horrible jungle. Just went to the store and spent a ridiculous amount of money on good food (and some bad food). I have discovered gluten free chicken nuggets at Fresh Market. Chicken nuggets have always been one of my weaknesses and these are the only ones that are good. I bought one more box. Then no more!!! HAve also found potato chips cooked in avocado or olive oil. Again anything that involves fried potatoes are a weakness. I have been known to eat nothing but chicken nuggets and fried potatoes for several days. Also bought lots of fresh veggies, bacon, a boston butt for 1.59 a pound (was quite excited about that), bacon wrapped scallops, tuna, organic rib eye and organic ground beef. I was hungry what can I say. Couldn't quite afford all of it but oh well. The boston butt will become carnitas at some point in the next week. Anyone have any suggestions of what to go w/ the carnitas? I am used to tortillas and chips. Guac yes, anything else? Got some organic salami and cheese for lunches to go w/ a salad based on a recommendation in the EMF thread . Did not get up and go to the farmers market and my local market did not have any farm eggs so no eggs for the moment. Maybe I will make it to Wed farmers market. So far my N=1 has told me I cannot eat rice and white potatoes. They are like a drug. Once I start I justify all kinds of things. Did I happen to mention I bought a 3 muskateers yesterday? Damn jungle! Reaching out and grabbing me, waving all kinds of magical temptations in my eyes. It is evil! So...this is me starting over. And I need help! I can't keep eating like this! My hands are dry, I feel horrible, I look horrible,....The jungle is wearing me down....

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Rooting for you.

Thanks Pebbles!! I need all the rooting I can get

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

geostump is offline Senior Member
    With carnitas, guac, sour cream, salsa, lettuce. make your own fajita mix of onions, peppers and maybe some mushrooms if you like. I'm going to make carnitas on Tuesday and have leftover taco meat available for anyone who wants it. I've had some pork butt in the freezer for like a month and have been wanting to make this forever.
    Georgette

phigment is offline Senior Member
    Valmason I just got the book Rich Food Poor Food. It's got a lot of good info. I will lend it to you if you would like. Maybe it will be the machte you are looking for.

That would be great! You been okay? We need an adventure soon.

Quote Originally Posted by phigment View Post
    Valmason I just got the book Rich Food Poor Food. It's got a lot of good info. I will lend it to you if you would like. Maybe it will be the machte you are looking for.
    Thanks for the idea Geo...I will try it next weekend...

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

I am doing perfectly normal. Have recuperated from last week. The next adventure could be to Lake Alice, if you want. Also would you be intrested in attending a Seder supper that my church does. It is fun with food.

I would! that sounds fun...the Sedar and Lake Alice. When is the Sedar?

I have never been to Lake Alice so that sounds good. Maybe next weekend? Not sure what I will have going on that weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by phigment View Post
    I am doing perfectly normal. Have recuperated from last week. The next adventure could be to Lake Alice, if you want. Also would you be intrested in attending a Seder supper that my church does. It is fun with food.

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

I'll let you know when the Seder is, i forgot. Sounds good on next weekend. When it gets closer we can finalize the time.

I figured out a way of the jungle. You need a guide to throw themselves in harms (chips) way and mock the ferocios beast (sugar). If you can't find a guide than a sacrafice might work to.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast