Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 251

Thread: N=Val. Experiments in healing... page 4

  1. #31
    PrimalWriter's Avatar
    PrimalWriter is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    71
    Primal Fuel
    BTW, I love your sig line: you know those things....? That's the one thing I fail wonderfully at...
    My primal journal: My journey, goals, recipes, random thoughts on primal and SAD.

    It's all about the journey. How we get there is at least as important as where we end up.

  2. #32
    valmason01's Avatar
    valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Gainesville, Fl
    Posts
    848
    Thanks! I forgot to add that I put on a pair of capris today that two weeks ago were too tight and they were perfect. So something is happening right. I just wish I could really lose all this weight

    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalWriter View Post
    I certainly don't rank as an expert, but being rather fond of vegetables, that looks pretty normal to me. Which is to say, I aim for 10 - 12 servings of veggies a day, and if I get them, I suppose I'm getting around 60 grams of carbohydrates...but I seriously don't count when I'm doing primal--I count servings. Does that make sense? I aim for 1 - 2 servings of fruit (and I don't eat things like bananas and mangoes and pineapple except rarely--I stick to berries and apples/pears/etc); seriously, 10-12 servings of non-starchy vegetables--basically, 4 servings at each meal--and my rule on protein is that for two servings of veggies, I eat a healthy serving (i.e. 4 ounces or so, depending on the food) of protein. Using that formula a few years ago, I dropped 50 pounds....roughly 40 in 4+ months, the other 10 over a couple more months.

    Again, I'm no expert so YMMV - - but I will say it's easier to do that way if you actually like green things. I very rarely eat starchy veggies either--potatoes are a gateway drug for me so I have to be careful. Luckily, I love stuff like kale, spinach, broccoli and cauliflower.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

    Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

    Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

  3. #33
    jenn26point2's Avatar
    jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,697
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalWriter View Post
    potatoes are a gateway drug for me so I have to be careful.
    Same here!

    I hope you're both having a happy Friday!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)




  4. #34
    jenn26point2's Avatar
    jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,697
    Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    Thanks! I forgot to add that I put on a pair of capris today that two weeks ago were too tight and they were perfect. So something is happening right. I just wish I could really lose all this weight
    Such an awesome feeling!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)




  5. #35
    valmason01's Avatar
    valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Gainesville, Fl
    Posts
    848
    It is an awesome feeling! And my jeans were looser too. However I have not lost one single pound. Sigh...why????" Trying to just stick with what I am doing. It's only been a couple of weeks and I know when you change things up it can take a little while.

    Rode with another speech therapist yesterday for my home health care job. Very excited. Lots of new stuff to (re) learn and just a completely different population. Looking forward to the experience and the extra money
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

    Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

    Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

  6. #36
    valmason01's Avatar
    valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Gainesville, Fl
    Posts
    848
    Been a while since I have checked in. Life has been busy. School is nuts because I work with little people and waiting on my certification so I can start seeing patients at the second job. Very ready for that to happen. No exercise and my food choices are not that great. I think I should have stuck with the higher fat. I have been eating a lot of potatoes and I think they have increased my appetite and lowered my inhibitions Problem is I can't quite get past it. The very dreary weather does not help. So that is my story for the moment...hope everyone is doing well!!
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

    Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

    Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

  7. #37
    tomi's Avatar
    tomi is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    6,105
    Come on - Val!!!! Jump back in with both feet - you can do this!

    I'm still doing HFLC, but obviously vacation put a hiccup in my progress. I'm up 2 pounds from lowest primal and I'm really trying to get back down there.

    White potatoes should be avoided for sure! Even CW diets say that. If you want potatoes you can do sweet or make fake mashed potatoes using cauliflower. I'm sure you know all that........... Just way to much starch in the white ones.

    The dreary weather is a downer for sure! Oregon is pretty grey and cold this time of year. I haven't walked in 11 days - not since my last day of vacation - because its just so cold and ugly outside! I'm drinking a hot cut of tea and then I'm gonna try to force myself out the door! But first I have to go into the cold bedroom and change into my walking clothes - I don't think jammies are really appropriate attire!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

  8. #38
    valmason01's Avatar
    valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Gainesville, Fl
    Posts
    848
    Ugh...I just bought pecan pralines. I am losing it! I know I have to get back on it. And I know sweet potatoes over white. I am not buying any more white ones.

    Yea you for getting out and moving. I hate dreary weather and it completely unmotivates me. Sadly the sunshine that came out is not motivating. Notmuch is. THanks for the encouragement though. I need it!! I can do this. I know I can I just can't get started.

    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Come on - Val!!!! Jump back in with both feet - you can do this!

    I'm still doing HFLC, but obviously vacation put a hiccup in my progress. I'm up 2 pounds from lowest primal and I'm really trying to get back down there.

    White potatoes should be avoided for sure! Even CW diets say that. If you want potatoes you can do sweet or make fake mashed potatoes using cauliflower. I'm sure you know all that........... Just way to much starch in the white ones.

    The dreary weather is a downer for sure! Oregon is pretty grey and cold this time of year. I haven't walked in 11 days - not since my last day of vacation - because its just so cold and ugly outside! I'm drinking a hot cut of tea and then I'm gonna try to force myself out the door! But first I have to go into the cold bedroom and change into my walking clothes - I don't think jammies are really appropriate attire!
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

    Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

    Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

  9. #39
    jenn26point2's Avatar
    jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,697
    Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    Ugh...I just bought pecan pralines. I am losing it! I know I have to get back on it. And I know sweet potatoes over white. I am not buying any more white ones.

    Yea you for getting out and moving. I hate dreary weather and it completely unmotivates me. Sadly the sunshine that came out is not motivating. Notmuch is. THanks for the encouragement though. I need it!! I can do this. I know I can I just can't get started.
    I know the feeling. Hang in there and don't lose all hope. keep trying.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)




  10. #40
    tomi's Avatar
    tomi is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    6,105
    I have decided that I need to own my food choices. If I eat something "wrong" (like the apple pie I am enjoying this week) then I need to own up to up the fact that I'm not meeting my goals because of the choices I am making. Bottom line - I can lose weight or gain weight - it all depends on what my hand brings to my mouth. If I could just hang on the choice to lose weight and be healthy then I would not bring that bite of apple pie to my mouth. But when the desire for the pie becomes greater than the desire to lose weight - all hope dies.

    So then, how do we keep the desire to be healthy above the desire for instant gratification?? Therein lies the key to weight loss. If I could figure out the answer to that question I would be a wealthy woman! I'd be on Oprah and Leno! I'd have Hollywood and Washington DC seeking my council! I need to figure out the answer...............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •