Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: N=Val. Experiments in healing... page 3

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    LOL!!! It was I will survive. Now I have the long ranger theme in my head. Thanks! What the hell are RUS's???

They say confession is good for the soul and perhaps it will lighten me enough to climb out of the quicksand so here goes: Yesterday I had grits and organic corn chips. Today I had pecan pralines. Why you ask? I don't know I answer. Insanity is the only reasonable excuse and I cheerfully claim it however the whole point is healing. Grits, corn chips and pecan pralines are the opposite of healing.

Quote Originally Posted by phigment View Post
    watch out for the RUS's. Is the cheezy song I will survive because in my mind I heard the long ranger theme song.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

phigment is offline Senior Member
    Rodents of unusual size from the Princess Bride.

You hear a bullhorn: Valmason you are surrounded! Put down the corn chips! Step slowly back and no one gets hurt!

Yeah its too late now....damn rodents should have eaten all of the corn for me so I wasn't tempted.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

PrimalWriter is offline Member
    Hey, I was lurking on Jenn25point2's journal and saw your post....I'm a few (or so) miles south of you (Orlando). And on round three (3rd time's the charm?) of embracing Primal....you are tackling some tough issues--best of luck to you.

BTW, as NOT a life-long southerner, I can't even claim an addiction to grits as a stop sign. I just hear voices in my head reminding me chocolate is a health food....

Lorena
    My primal journal: My journey, goals, recipes, random thoughts on primal and SAD.

It's all about the journey. How we get there is at least as important as where we end up.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Val. Checking in. I hope you are able to avoid the corn chips today!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Hi! Thanks for stopping by. And yes...3rd times the charm! Congrats on not giving up. Chocolate is a health food At least dark organic chocolate. Sadly grits aren't Love to find more primal Florida people!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalWriter View Post
    Hey, I was lurking on Jenn25point2's journal and saw your post....I'm a few (or so) miles south of you (Orlando). And on round three (3rd time's the charm?) of embracing Primal....you are tackling some tough issues--best of luck to you.

BTW, as NOT a life-long southerner, I can't even claim an addiction to grits as a stop sign. I just hear voices in my head reminding me chocolate is a health food....

Lorena

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Thanks Jenn So far so good. I was hoping Mark's post today would help me justify them but alas no I am determined to only weigh once a week but I feel like I have lost weight. We will see.
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Hi Val. Checking in. I hope you are able to avoid the corn chips today!
    The jungle has been fairly easy going the last couple of days. Have managed to go to work which is good though I have been late. My goal tomorrow is getting up on time. Food has remained fairly constant. The last couple of days calories a bit higher but I am not panicked over it. Today I climbed stairs several times and had some back muscle spasms. Hoping this will even out and not be a problem. I have to be able to move! I want to move damn it!!

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    Thanks Jenn So far so good. I was hoping Mark's post today would help me justify them but alas no I am determined to only weigh once a week but I feel like I have lost weight. We will see.

The jungle has been fairly easy going the last couple of days. Have managed to go to work which is good though I have been late. My goal tomorrow is getting up on time. Food has remained fairly constant. The last couple of days calories a bit higher but I am not panicked over it. Today I climbed stairs several times and had some back muscle spasms. Hoping this will even out and not be a problem. I have to be able to move! I want to move damn it!!
    Baby steps, you'll get there!
    Georgette

I hate baby steps! But I am trying to take them. The alternative is not being able to function.

I am eating between 80-100 grams of protein. Is that too much? Carbs anywhere from 50-80 and fat around 80. Thoughts??

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Baby steps, you'll get there!

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

PrimalWriter is offline Member
    I certainly don't rank as an expert, but being rather fond of vegetables, that looks pretty normal to me. Which is to say, I aim for 10 - 12 servings of veggies a day, and if I get them, I suppose I'm getting around 60 grams of carbohydrates...but I seriously don't count when I'm doing primal--I count servings. Does that make sense? I aim for 1 - 2 servings of fruit (and I don't eat things like bananas and mangoes and pineapple except rarely--I stick to berries and apples/pears/etc); seriously, 10-12 servings of non-starchy vegetables--basically, 4 servings at each meal--and my rule on protein is that for two servings of veggies, I eat a healthy serving (i.e. 4 ounces or so, depending on the food) of protein. Using that formula a few years ago, I dropped 50 pounds....roughly 40 in 4+ months, the other 10 over a couple more months.

Again, I'm no expert so YMMV - - but I will say it's easier to do that way if you actually like green things. I very rarely eat starchy veggies either--potatoes are a gateway drug for me so I have to be careful. Luckily, I love stuff like kale, spinach, broccoli and cauliflower.
    My primal journal: My journey, goals, recipes, random thoughts on primal and SAD.

It's all about the journey. How we get there is at least as important as where we end up.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast