Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: N=Val. Experiments in healing... page 24

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    My sister, who never listens to what other people say, has been dieting and losing weight CW style. She is not getting up every morning and going to the gym and her weight loss has stalled. She told me yesterday she burned 500 calories every morning at the gym so how could she not lose weight??? I didn't bother to answer because she would just deride what I said. The most irritating thing about it is she eats chemical laden processed foods all the time and is healthier than I am and has overall lost more weight than I have in the last year. I want to show her what she is doing is long term not working and poor health but I seem to be a lousy example. I swear she is preserved by chemicals. So now my goal is to prove that I am right. Yes I know that is a bit selfish, blame sibling rivalry. Open to ideas/suggestions on all of this!
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Seaglassgreen is offline Senior Member
    I know what you mean, my mom was just talking about joining weight watchers so she can lose weight while eating a bag of candy corn as part of the diet
    I think maybe we just have to try to look at things as part of the big picture... She might lose weight faster now, but she also might gain it back because she didn't learn good food habits, you know? That said, I'm trying to get my family on board, and so far all my mom has done is ask me how to recreate baked goods with paleo ingredients. I think we can only try to find what works for us and lead by example

Goal: Feel good, be active!

My mother was dx with RA and would rather take meds that could damage her liver then eat anti inflammatory foods. She has started posting all kinds of horrible recipes on Facebook. Sigh...I cant even get her to consider it...

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

And one more time...everybody now!

Hello all...Happy Ragnarok So far all looks well in Florida..if you don't count the rain and upcoming cold. I confess I am a die hard southerner who really really really needs sunshine in her life. Perhaps the tree is shaking the moisture off?

For those of you taking the time to read thank you. If you go back to the beginning of this journal you will see there have been many skips and jumps and quite honestly I am back where I started from except I think I a even more unhealthy. I jumped off the low carb train over the holidays and added potatoes to the every day menu. Every since fall I have been sick. I mean sick..running low grade fevers, aches, chills, head aches, extreme fatigue, etc. I think I have missed mroe days of work than I have actually worked since January. I am at a loss as what to do. So...I am back to trying to semi-low carb; for the moment shooting for 70-90 grams a day just to keep myself from bottoming out w/ low carb flu. Makes me sound wimpish I know but I can't handle any more sick of any kind. I work two jobs and the gym membership I signed up for is only depleting my checking acct not my fat reserves. So..I am cancelling it and trying to find a yoga class I can do pay as you go. So...here I am once again..I am open to thoughts, suggestions, prayers, ass kickings..anything that will help! Even with potatoes I eat cleaner than 95% of the people I know..yet I am the sickest...what's up with that???????

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Val, sorry about the struggles. Good to see you here.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Thanks Paula. I have had this song in my head for several days "Just put one foot in front of the other.." Took me forever to finally remember it was from the Jungle Story (Disney Version). Put One Foot in Front of the Other - YouTube Then I looked it up on YouTube and discovered I was wrong! Either way it is my theme song at the moment Just keep going...

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

I bought a new scale yesterday. My other one said I lost 60lbs overnight. Which was wonderful but somehow I just couldn't convince myself it was real. So...new scale from Walgreens. Fairly inexpensive but the stupid thing measures body fat and water weight. Don't ask me how and I know better than to get hooked on all the numbers but I hate them! Can't win.

Today has not been bad other than sleeping very late. I made this yummy yummy yummy Avocado Green Goddess dressing. Oh my gosh it is so good! Have meals planned for the week. Some stretches and pseudo push ups.

One foot in front of the other...

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Jennifla is offline Senior Member
    Sorry, Val, I only read this page, so you may have addressed this already. I don't restrict nightshades like potatoes, but there are people on here (with RA) who claim to benefit by eliminating nightshades. Maybe you are sensitive to potatoes. Have you tried quitting nightshades, adding white rice or sweet potatoes instead? Just a thought.

BTW, I have a daughter who is a freshman at UF. Go Gators!
    As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again.

When I haven't eaten potatoes I have certainly felt better. I am trying to limit them at this point but yes I prob need to just eliminate them. Like Scarlett I am Gaelic and I love potatoes! I am going w/ more sweet potatoes. I limit rice just because of the carb issue and save it for a yummy treat. Did very well yesterday.

I am actually originally from Tallahassee so I am in enemy territory But yea for your daughter! what is her major?

Ate nothing until around 6 pm. Had salad w/ my new homemade green goddess dressing, then steak and roasted brussel sprouts,, half a banana and small piece of dark chocolate then some kale/spinach chips with cheese.

So far today I have had veggie soup and salad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifla View Post
    Sorry, Val, I only read this page, so you may have addressed this already. I don't restrict nightshades like potatoes, but there are people on here (with RA) who claim to benefit by eliminating nightshades. Maybe you are sensitive to potatoes. Have you tried quitting nightshades, adding white rice or sweet potatoes instead? Just a thought.

BTW, I have a daughter who is a freshman at UF. Go Gators!

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    too much bacon last night. Came home hungry which always does me in. I know it is all subjective but yesterday I "felt skinny". Today I "feel fat". Wish I could recondition these 'feelings'.

Yesterday: Veggie soup, green salad w/ homemade dressing, casserole with shredded sweet potato crust, homemade cream of mushroom soup mixed with hamburger, spinach and cheese. Spinach and kale chips with cheese, lots of bacon, 2 pieces of dark chocolate.

no exercise other than lifting heavy kids and walking around school.

I did squat down to talk to a kid!!! It took me 2.5 years to get to be able to do that but I did it! Not for long but I did it!! Definite happy happy happy!!!

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast