Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: N=Val. Experiments in healing... page 21

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    So at 47 having been overweight my entire life (acutally just since I was 5 but I don't quite remember the skinny years anymore ) with diabetes and fibromyalgia how realistic is it to expect to look good naked? In other words what do I shoot for without shooting myself in the foot? Any ideas out there?
    I am 56, have thyroid disease, several other issues and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia several years ago. I can' say I look good naked. Having 3 kids, including twins weighing almost 7 lbs each, can leave lasting issues.

I can say I don't have any fibro symptoms anymore. I am healthy and within normal weight limits for my height. And, based on the compliments I received at my son's wedding last weekend I can say I must look good in clothing.

All that being said, my suggestion is to put the focus on your health and your choices. Not on weight or LGN. If you make good choices, consistently, the rest will take care of itself.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Maybe work towards better health? I'm in a defeatist attitude right now. I want to say more but I just can't.
    I'm sorry Geo...I have been like that the last few months. Just keep hanging on. It will go away. Something will click and get you going again.

Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    I am 56, have thyroid disease, several other issues and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia several years ago. I can' say I look good naked. Having 3 kids, including twins weighing almost 7 lbs each, can leave lasting issues.

I can say I don't have any fibro symptoms anymore. I am healthy and within normal weight limits for my height. And, based on the compliments I received at my son's wedding last weekend I can say I must look good in clothing.

All that being said, my suggestion is to put the focus on your health and your choices. Not on weight or LGN. If you make good choices, consistently, the rest will take care of itself.
    You are both right of course..health is the most important. I just have been more hooked on the looks lately..I want a body that is strong and looks it... But feeling good will be pretty damn nice as well
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I still want to get healthy. When it comes to the idea of LGN, my brain tells me that no one special is ever going to see me in that position so why bother. It's not like my spouse cares. He thinks I look good nekkid regardless.
    Georgette

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    I want a body that is strong and looks it..
    Then make choices that will create a strong body. Focus on making consistent choices that will bring about the changes you want. Eat right. Get the appropriate exercise, enough sleep.....

I think it's important to realize being strong may not mean looking like a bodybuilder/fitness model.

Again, good advice. I guess I am just in a place where I struggle with that. I am trying to make the right choices however to keep me healthy.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    Then make choices that will create a strong body. Focus on making consistent choices that will bring about the changes you want. Eat right. Get the appropriate exercise, enough sleep.....

I think it's important to realize being strong may not mean looking like a bodybuilder/fitness model.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

LOL...then thats all that matters. I guess being single I see it differently and shouldn't because this is one area where I can say without guilt "It's all about me". And it has to be all about me when it comes to health so I can do what I want to do which is have the energy to serve kids in high need populations.

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I still want to get healthy. When it comes to the idea of LGN, my brain tells me that no one special is ever going to see me in that position so why bother. It's not like my spouse cares. He thinks I look good nekkid regardless.

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

So the weekend has not been that great. Sonny's bbq on Friday and then tortilla chips w/melted cheese. I had left overs and should have stuck with it but there ya go...yesterday I had a handful of pecans and a banana, about 1/3 lb of steak and 1/2 a small potato for supper then lots of potato chips..damn it. Some movement yesterday. I bought a 5lb weight to keep in the car when I am driving a lot. And a hand grip because my hand strength is so weak.

According to the scale I am still at 180 and not going up or down.

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Seaglassgreen is offline Senior Member
    Looks like you are making progress getting back with the program too for me, it's all about building momentum, so that's why I'm counting my primal days. For chip replacements... Those carrots shaped like crinkle chips from Publix? I like them with guac and salsa. Pickles, olives, frozen grapes? Dehydrated sweet potato chips? Sometimes i roast green beans (like the really thin frozen ones from TJs) until they get crispy, and thats kind of a French fry replacement for me.
    I mean, in the grand scheme of things, if potato chips are just potatoes and decent oil, and the don't send you out of the carb range you want, or push more nutritious foods out of your diet, they're really not the worst thing you could eat.

Goal: Feel good, be active!

The problem is the carbs. I do get TJ's Olive Oil chips or sometimes the avocado oil that publix has. But it's a lot of carbs. I don't eat grains (w/ the exception of some tortilla chips periodically), I have cut back out sweets even my beloved honey, but I am really struggling with the potatoes. I do like your idea of the green beans. I will try that. Thanks!

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Seaglassgreen is offline Senior Member
    Ah, I get that. I definitely lose best on lower carb, in my experience. I'll let you know if I think of any other substitutes

Goal: Feel good, be active!

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast