Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: N=Val. Experiments in healing... page 20

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Welcome back..... just keep on keeping on.... you can doooo eeeeeeeeet!

Puddleglumish is offline Member
    Yes, welcome back.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Val. Welcome back. There are a lot of us in a "pick up the pieces and start over" kind of state right now so you're not alone.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Another wesk another fail. Ugh! I just cant seem to get it together. I was at a meeting Wed evening and theybhad brought in trays from Publix with co, d cuts, cheese, fruit and veggies, etc. One tray had tuna salad, chicken salad and a few others. The tuna salad was very good. I have never had their tuna salad before but decided that and gf crackers would be good for lunch the next day. Yeah I know...no one said I was the sharpest crayon my tummynwas not happy with me at all. The only good thing I can say is it aallll went away all I can do is pick myself up and try again.

I did introduce a friend to low carb eating. Hd was dx with diabetes earlier this year anf almost immediately put on insulin. Then gained 40 lbs. His BS was running in the 200's on average with the insulin. He cut down this week to around 30 grams of carbs a day and his BS has been in then130'S. Has horrible low carb flu but very excited about the results. It can be done!

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

P.S. thanks for all the welcomes! I missed y'all!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Went out of town this weekend for work. My clothes are tight enough that driving was uncomfortable and I look down and see a big fat roll along with the seat belt. And worse I felt horrible all weekend. It took all I had to keep moving. The BS stops here. To be honest not sure how to go about it though. I know my carbs have been waaayyyyy too high which is, I imagine, the primary reason I feel so bad. But I don't want three weeks of low carb flu along with two jobs. So my plan at the moment is to start taking the carb intake down slowly. Today was so-so on that:

Breakfast: Yerba Mate
    Lunch: 2 venison sausage sticks/Publix salad with Walden Farms Sesame Ginger dressing and appx 16 GF crackers (Yes I know those are horrible, but they were at work,no more buying GF junk food either)
    Supper: Pork chop with sauteed onions, green tomatoes and summer squash lightly 'breaded' with parm cheese

Dessert: 1 piece of bacon because I was cooking bacon to mix w/ the left over veggies for lunch tomorrow and an apple. I will prob have some potato chips cooked in Avocado oil later. Again, chips are horrible and they are my biggest struggle right now. Any ideas on replacements there greatly greatly appreciated.

Movement: Lots of movement at work with little pre k people. I had a pedometer that just took a ride in the washer and have been averaging 7000 steps. I have to work myself into feel good and adding some weights and more movement. Its hard when I get home late and don't have time to do anything in the evenings. But this is the way my life will be until next summer so I have to find a way to fit it all in. I am trying to stick with 1200-1400 calories. Really could use some feedback!!

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

So at 47 having been overweight my entire life (acutally just since I was 5 but I don't quite remember the skinny years anymore ) with diabetes and fibromyalgia how realistic is it to expect to look good naked? In other words what do I shoot for without shooting myself in the foot? Any ideas out there?

Yesterday
    (Tuesday)
    left over squash/green tomatoes/onions with two slices of bacon in coconut/olive oil..appx 1.5 cups--I estimate 250 calories.
    1 boiled egg (white only because I don't like the yolk, yes I know..weird)..20 calories
    Tonight I have to work late: I plan to go to Moe's and get an Earmuff: mixture of ground beef/steak, sour cream, cheese, guac, pico de gallo, lettuce, onion cilantro and (sigh) chips. I will do a double meat scoop and have left overs for lunch tomorrow. All told that is appx 750 calories with chips. Prob a little less per sitting though. Maybe 650? Which means I can have a snack....which will prob be chips at appx 300 calories putting me at 1400 calories. Yes that is a lot of carbs, about 50 grams of fat. Sigh..just typing it out makes me frustrated. I have to get past the carb addiction!!!!

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

So lots of movement today. I was in Crisis Prevention training at school which tends to get fairly physical. It felt good. And reinforced that I need to get in shape. I was hungry by the time I got out of work but managed to resist getting anything horrible at the store. Picked up some veggies for salad along with sliced roast beef and cheese (organic). Thats tomorrows lunch along with a protein bar. Not the best but its another long day again. Ideas on snacky stuff just to keep myself going?Or something to add to the salad? Need more veggies but some stuff is going on sale tomorrow. And I really really hope I can get to the farmers market this weekend.

So today:

Left over Moe's
    Grass fed burger w/ cheese
    cauliflower/summer squash/onions baked with some olive oil
    and probably chips...

Appx...1400 calories..

Tired but in a good way.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    So at 47 having been overweight my entire life (acutally just since I was 5 but I don't quite remember the skinny years anymore ) with diabetes and fibromyalgia how realistic is it to expect to look good naked? In other words what do I shoot for without shooting myself in the foot? Any ideas out there?
    Maybe work towards better health? I'm in a defeatist attitude right now. I want to say more but I just can't.
    Georgette

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast