Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: N=Val. Experiments in healing... page 19

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    lol...I am the only one in the house so I have no excuse. I have had a hard time caring this week. My bday is Sunday and yesterday the ESE team at my Thursday school fixed me breakfast. Fruit, quiche, proscioutto and cream cheese wrapped around asparagus, MONKEY BREAD! and Starbucks Coffee with milk. Sigh...I love Monkey bread. Amazingly other than a tummy ache I seem to have escaped relatively unscathed. I had just decided that the reason I was feeling like I couldnt' breathe easily was milk (I had been using a creamer that has milk, HWC, Natural flavors and sugar). And boom....I still feel like my throat is tight but I didn't throw up or anything from the MONKEY BREAD! I love MONKEY BREAD! So....I will get back on track. i will I will.. TIred of being fat!
    I'm with ya on the good coffee and monkey bread.....

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah...who couldn't like MONKEY BREAD!

Still....my sister has a lost about 35 lbs and is looking hot...so time to kick up the game
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Century Gothic]You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

So in the ongoing saga with my mother...My 11 year old nephew spent the weekend with me because he needed some one on one time. Convinced that everyone loves his sisters more (eye roll). I wanted a picnic for my bday (today) so we met at Suwanee River State Park about halfway between Tallahassee and Gainesville. My parents drove over to with my mother obviously irritated about it. She brought brownies. When I asked if they were gluten free she said no. Is the icing gluten free? Nope. She checked to make sure it was milk free for my niece and saw that it had gluten in it. So not only did she not bother to bring a gf dessert for me she deliberately brought one that was not. Not even sure why this makes me mad as she has pulled things like this before. But it did. So...rant over.

i came home and had steak and potatoes and made banana/chocolate ice cream with wildflower raw honey. Oh my gosh it was good! Thankfully I only had a half of a frozen banana or I would be making more. If you have never done this:

Take a frozen banana, mix with powdered cocoa or melted cocoa..appx 2 TBS and honey for taste. Or no honey. The banana makes it very sweet. Mix it in a blender. Yummmmmmmeeeeeeee!!!!
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Century Gothic]You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    So in the ongoing saga with my mother...My 11 year old nephew spent the weekend with me because he needed some one on one time. Convinced that everyone loves his sisters more (eye roll). I wanted a picnic for my bday (today) so we met at Suwanee River State Park about halfway between Tallahassee and Gainesville. My parents drove over to with my mother obviously irritated about it. She brought brownies. When I asked if they were gluten free she said no. Is the icing gluten free? Nope. She checked to make sure it was milk free for my niece and saw that it had gluten in it. So not only did she not bother to bring a gf dessert for me she deliberately brought one that was not. Not even sure why this makes me mad as she has pulled things like this before. But it did. So...rant over.

i came home and had steak and potatoes and made banana/chocolate ice cream with wildflower raw honey. Oh my gosh it was good! Thankfully I only had a half of a frozen banana or I would be making more. If you have never done this:

Take a frozen banana, mix with powdered cocoa or melted cocoa..appx 2 TBS and honey for taste. Or no honey. The banana makes it very sweet. Mix it in a blender. Yummmmmmmeeeeeeee!!!!
    Happy b'day... though a bit belated... the blended choco-nana sounds pretty yumm.....

I have spent the last three days in a training class. It was good and I feel like I learned a lot but...I spent the last three days in a small building with very little windows with about 16 other women some of whom laughed and giggled and bitched under their breaths the whole time (despite having made the choice to go to this, not being forced to..oh yes and supposedly being professional). I sat on my ass until it is quite literally numb, I ache all over and I now know why I was depressed all those years I sat in an office. No wonder the whole frickin' world is crazy!

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Bummer! All the reason to get outside and do something fun today!!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I forgot to add the weather here has been horrible...I am going to my cousins tomorrow for a bbq and a swim...Very much looking forward to it

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Oh dear........... sorry about the weather. Its been 85 for the past few days here......... totally not normal for this time of year. Last year it was raining and in the 50's all through May and June. Crazy weather all around!

I hope the BBQ and swim were fun and relaxing
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Val. Happy birthday, late. I'm sorry your mom was such a butt about the dessert. I hope you are feeling better now that your training is over and the weather is better.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Wow it has been a long time since I posted. Hello to everyone!! I have missed you. Just jumped off the wagon train and went out by myself for a while. Still battling the whole potato chip problem but working to get back on course. I know I have put on weight but I refuse to weigh and find out how much. My goal for now is to start working out in the mornings. Primarily because by the time I get home I just don't do it. Start HIIT and strength and watch calories around 12-1400 a day. And try not to obsess, live a life but stay focused enough to get healthy! Any and all words of wisdom, encouragement, etc are always welcome! I'm baaccccckkk

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast