Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: N=Val. Experiments in healing... page 18

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsuhiko the Rolfer View Post
    after all I'm just some guy on a forum
    hahaha I thought you were a girl! Oops.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

How are you feeling Val?

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Hi all...it has been a looooonnnggg week. I worked 4/5 nights and had to come to Tallahassee for the weekend. I have been doing the stretches and they are helping. I was actually doing pretty good until Thursday night. For some reason I had a horrible nights sleep with all the crazy twitches and jerks from my body. Happened again last night too. I just cant figure that out. Then the weather changed and fibro kicked in. The whole Boston thing then what happened in Texas has just broken my heart as I know it has everyone else's. Food has been so so. I know I have been eating too many carbs and I am making reduction of that a goal. So...my life this week...

How is the rest of the world? KR I thought you were a guy!
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Just wanted to drop by and say "hi". I've been very MIA for awhile.
    Georgette

Uh oh...I forgot the most fearsome beast of all in the jungle..My mother! And she attacked with all claws out and super guilt maniuplator on full stun. I posted Mark's link about the evolutionary need for grandmothers on facebook because I thought it was really neat. I added a thought of aunts in there as well as I serve that function w/ my nieces and nephews and have an aunt in my life that does the same. Apparently I forgot to mention Mothers. She went ballistic. Posted on FB mind you that this hurt her feelings so much she was crying. REally??? WTF??? So of course we had all kinds of drama and despite knowing it wasn't intentional and I shouldn't feel guilty I do. So...I am eating..Cuz in the South that's what we do. Damn it. And the weather (which obviously isn't aware that this is Florida ) has kicked in a fibro flare up. I called in to school today. Have two patients to see tonight w/ home health care and planning to go to those. Then come home and collapse. It is supposed to be sunny and in the 80's tomorrow so hopefully it will be better.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Sorry, Val. Sounds like you're mom is a bit on the immature side. I think I would have immediately deleted the original post and let mom know its not appropriate to confront an issue where the whole world can be a part of it! How sad. I hope the eating didn't get too terribly out of hand - and wasn't food that would cause your fibro to flare even bigger (grains, sugars).

Here's to a new day...............

{hugs}
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Sorry, Val. Hugs to you.

Thanks all! She is very immature and I should be used to this but it hasn't happened in a while so it caught me off guard. Just who she is. I am much better at realizing it is not my fault. Not perfect mind you But better. And no Tomi just the damn potato chips. Thanks for the encouragment!

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Maybe try to not buy any potato chips for a week and see if it helps your addiction a bit. If others in the family complain about not having them tell them you just keep forgetting to buy them, and you'll pick some up tomorrow! Or tell them.......... "tough beans! NO MORE POTATO CHIPS IN THE HOUSE"

Sometimes you gotta play hardball.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

lol...I am the only one in the house so I have no excuse. I have had a hard time caring this week. My bday is Sunday and yesterday the ESE team at my Thursday school fixed me breakfast. Fruit, quiche, proscioutto and cream cheese wrapped around asparagus, MONKEY BREAD! and Starbucks Coffee with milk. Sigh...I love Monkey bread. Amazingly other than a tummy ache I seem to have escaped relatively unscathed. I had just decided that the reason I was feeling like I couldnt' breathe easily was milk (I had been using a creamer that has milk, HWC, Natural flavors and sugar). And boom....I still feel like my throat is tight but I didn't throw up or anything from the MONKEY BREAD! I love MONKEY BREAD! So....I will get back on track. i will I will.. TIred of being fat!

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast