Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: N=Val. Experiments in healing... page 14

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Jenn I have been telling my sister about not eating grains for a year. She called me the other night and told me she was giving up grains! So eventually something sinks in. You just have to chose your moments wisely. Smile...and I know it is easy for all of us to say and so much harder to do.

Sleep Sunday was amazing and I felt really good all day yesterday. Then slept horribly last night and was very tired all day today. I broke down at noon and had a diet coke b/c I had to have some caffiene so tonight will prob be horrible too. I just want good sleep! Okay enough whining. Just stopping in to say hi...will catch up more later.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Val - have you tried any herbal sleep aids? I use Knock-Out (Schiff) it has 3 ingredients and works really good. I take it an hour before I go to bed and it makes me really tired and able to go to sleep.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    I work nights... I take 9mg of melatonin every day about 1/2 to an hour before bed. I also drink a cup of Celestial Seasoning Sleepy Time tea with valerian root at about the same time. It realy does make me tired. Sometimes I will take it right before I take a nice warm shower... veeeeery relaxing. Because I sleep in the afternoon, I wear a sleep mask and earplugs, which takes a bit of getting used to but helps tremendously.....

I also use earplugs to drown out hubbys snoring! they can be uncomfortable but are necessary. Sorry you're having so much trouble sleeping. Makes everything harder when you aren't rested.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Val - I have started taking Dong Quai for my little "heated moments" and also magnesium. I am taking them morning and night............. and my sleep has improved 100%. I have also stopped getting night sweats - yay for me. if you are not going through the "pause" thou maybe just try magnesium ??????
    I would also suggest not too much TV/computer/wind up activities in the evening.
    Anyway good luck
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

I take trazodone which is an anti depressant for sleep. Obviously it is not working and I need to make an appt to talk about quitting it. Not sure of the side effects of just quitting. Tomi does the Knock Out leave you loopy at all the next day? My body reacts so weirdly to things like that. Doc I have tried melatonin once and I laid awake wired all night. Been to scared to try it since then. Gwamma I am taking magnesium. Thanks for all the advice! I make sure my room is dark, turn off tv/computer and read for at least an hour before laying down. I have noticed in the last couple of weeks getting up in the morning has been easier which is a big one. Ever since I was dx w/ fibro mornings have been hell. I went to the pool today and I am hoping that will help sleep tonight. I think maybe that is why SUnday was so good but Monday night was horrible. Last night was better. I know I don't get enough outside time. I really wish I had a garden to get out and work in. Something very hard and physical. Oh well...maybe one day.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Val - I don't think that you should stop anti depressants cold turkey. I am led to believe that they should be reduced gradually. But your Doctor would be your first step for advice there.
    Do you drink coffee ???? I could never have any after mid-day. If I did I would noticably be insomniacked that night. I have recently gone off coffee to see if that helped with my sleep, and it did, so I have introduced it back in slowly................

...small steps....

the Knock Out has 3 mg Melatonin - so maybe you shouldn't take it if you've had a bad reaction. On the other hand, I used to have bad reactions to Melatonin also - I would wake up 2 hours after falling asleep and be totally buzzed for about an hour before I could fall asleep again. I didn't take it again for years. It might be the straight melatonin that caused the bad reaction. This is blend of Vitamin B6, Calcium, Magnesium, Melatonin, Glycine, L-Theanine, Valarian Extract and GABA. I take 1.5 pills an hour before bed and I'm always ready to sleep in about an hour. Here's the manufacture website for it. I pay $21 for 50 pills but often can find it 50% off.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

another thought Val, are you using MCToil, or coconut oil ?????
    Just a thought because when I tried the MCT early in the morning, I noticed after a week that I wasn't sleeping. In fact I was wired night after night. Stopped it and managed to sleep again......................I didn't have the same reaction with coconut oil thou.

...small steps....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I want go off the anti-depressants cold turkey. I do drink coffee but nothing after 11 at the latest. I am very careful about that I use coconut oil only. Tomi I will look into the Knock-Out. Last night i woke up around 2:30 with my whole body twitching. Normally this just happens when I am going to sleep. Arrrgghhh...I just want good sleep

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast