Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: N=Val. Experiments in healing... page 13

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Not sure why I didn't add Tomi to the above sleep question! How bout it? Did you have this problem?

And in other news: I have wings for upper arms. However, much like the ostrich they do not allow me to fly. Unlike the ostrich my head is firmly out of the sand (and most of the times out of my ass) and I am looking for suggestions. If I hold my arms up parallel to the ground fat just hangs and it is gross.

I have in my oven a meatloaf consisting of local beef liver, NZ grassfed angus ground beef from TJ's, and a sausage link for my supper this week. It is actually huge so someone needs to come over for supper This is my first foray into liver. I will let you know how it goes. I used the food processor and ground it which was surprisingly easy and with the exception of some splashes of worsterchire sauce it is completely primal. As much as I love you Gwamma I would have preferred local beef but to get it would have required a 45 minute drive and I just didn't have time this week. At least i know NZ beef is healthy!
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    will get back to you, best wishes, keep on sleeping well

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    The problem, ladies, is that she won't listen to me. She does not want the advice I find and can share, but I cannot just not share it as it eats away at my conscience to do so. To knowingly withhold information from her, despite her not wanting it, keeps me awake at night.

So, I share, and they ignore, I find that to be utterly rude and insensitive and distasteful. Even if I don't like a piece of information you share with me, I'll at least say "Thank you for thinking of me. I'll look into it." Most times, I'll even do as I say and look into it. That's how I found Primal to be my solution... b/c I was WILLING to look into something someone shared with me, some unsolicited piece of advice that actually made sense.

Ugh... rant coming. See my journal.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I don't have a comment on the sleep question. I know if I sleep with earplugs (hubby snores) I am always more refreshed in the morning - but I haven't seen any early morning sleep benefits.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    The problem, ladies, is that she won't listen to me. She does not want the advice I find and can share, but I cannot just not share it as it eats away at my conscience to do so. To knowingly withhold information from her, despite her not wanting it, keeps me awake at night.

So, I share, and they ignore, I find that to be utterly rude and insensitive and distasteful. Even if I don't like a piece of information you share with me, I'll at least say "Thank you for thinking of me. I'll look into it." Most times, I'll even do as I say and look into it. That's how I found Primal to be my solution... b/c I was WILLING to look into something someone shared with me, some unsolicited piece of advice that actually made sense.

Ugh... rant coming. See my journal.
    I look at this being how most people are when good Christians try to spout their religion on you. Yes, I am a christian, but no, I do not spout rhetoric unless I am asked about my christianity. I would have to say that Jenn, you are a good primal, but you only need to give out information about our lifestyle when asked. I still hate it when Christians come up to me and ask if I'm saved and yada yada yada yada. You go in one ear and out the other. I think in this regards, you just need to let it go. The other person, I believe your MIL feels like all you are doing is harping on what she is doing wrong and that will lead to a negative relationship. You don't want that. When she is ready, she will talk to you.
    Georgette

I know my sleep is totally screwed up from stress. This job that I have right now is not good for health of any means at all. I've even lost interest in sex because of it and my eating is pretty much shit right now.
    Georgette

I don't harp... I don't nag. I share information I find. That is all. I find something about Fibro, I share the link and say "Found this today. Thought it might be of interest to you". and I leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I don't harp... I don't nag. I share information I find. That is all. I find something about Fibro, I share the link and say "Found this today. Thought it might be of interest to you". and I leave it at that.
    Sometimes even just that makes the other person feel like your nagging. I know to you it doesn't, but to her it could.
    Georgette

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    I find it hard enough to get people to follow my advice.... and they are paying me for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuhiko the Rolfer View Post
    I find it hard enough to get people to follow my advice.... and they are paying me for it!
    My doctor (chiropractor) has told me that of all the runners she's recommended Paleo to, I'm the only one who has jumped on board. She sees about 10 runners a week.

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast