Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: N=Val. Experiments in healing... page 12

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I wish she'd listen, Kats... but since you're from the UK and she knows foreign medicine far advances our (thanks to the worthless FDA), maybe she'll look into weight training.
    But the FDA is only looking out for your best interest... I mean, who but a government employee knows better than you about what things are drugs and which are foods.... and how much of each you should be able to take with out a note from your doctor!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsuhiko the Rolfer View Post
    jenn, if I can ever help with the fibro your MIL suffers p-lease PM me

it is not just the weight training, it is the consistent application of the whole wellness agenda in PB - diet, exercise, rest, doing stuff that makes you happy

and Val same goes for you
    I can vouch for that! Fibro no longer has its nasty tallons in me!! I'm stronger and healthier than I've been years. I NEED to get on the weight lifting part of it though. Diet and movement are good - but I need to be lifting too.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I can vouch for that! Fibro no longer has its nasty tallons in me!! I'm stronger and healthier than I've been years. I NEED to get on the weight lifting part of it though. Diet and movement are good - but I need to be lifting too.
    once for 30 mins a week is all it needs

I mainly treat chronic pain patterns in my work and once I've made them feel better by releasing lots of deep held tension, I start asking questions about diet, exercise and meds... amazingly similar story gets told to me in nearly every case

I often send clients to an excellent Cranio-Sacral Therapist colleague who has his practice just down the road and they get great benefit from that

then I get them on the right food and feeling better with more energy and finally set them exercise to do each week

Those that commit and really absorb the self healing mantra have often improved rapidly

Good health to all

tomi is offline Senior Member
    once for 30 mins a week is all it needs
    I think I can manage that I have a bowflex revolution - is that sufficient? I don't really want to invest in free weights.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

yes that's good, add some bodyweight stuff like pull ups and dips and you're

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Feel free to hijack anytime Jenn. I hope your MIL will listen. I have tried to get my Aunt to listen. She is an amazing woman and as a rule about a million times wiser than I am but this is one area she just can't get past. I understand all the reasons why of course. But she feels she just can't give up the food she eats.

I have had a headache all week and can't get rid of it! I have thought about what I have eaten and nothing was processed (well, the chips but even they are just potatoes, olive oil and salt) until last night when I broike and had two fried chicken legs. Not going to say they helped but honestly don't feel that much worse today than I did yesterday. Not sure whats up. After the scales showing a 6 lb loss, this morning they showed a 4 lb gain. And now that I think about it I had diet coke too. Hmmmm....maybe I haven't been as clean as I thought. I am wondering if the sodium from chicken and diet coke could be the 4 lb gain. I know I need to work on the movement but between two jobs now I am really afraid of putting myself in a flare up. Thoughts on that KR?

But the FDA is only looking out for your best interest... I mean, who but a government employee knows better than you about what things are drugs and which are foods.... and how much of each you should be able to take with out a note from your doctor!
    Oh of course they are! They are our friends and want all their citizens happy and healthy! HAH!

Peace to all!!! Keep moving
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Okay the jungle has thrown a new challenge at me. I am burping incessantly and farting some too! It is very uncomfortable. Any thoughts out there?

I bought some glucosamine/Msm yesterday. I know it is supposed to help w/ fibro pain and I am hoping it will keep me going w/ the two jobs. Planning to swim a little today. Other than that not much happening in my world. The scale showed a 1.2 lb loss but the scale likes to torture me so I am not really trusting it.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

I say 'stop weighing yourself!! once a month only needed'

focus on the wellness, eating right and sparking your genes to heal

just saying

lol...yeah I know...the damn scale just sits there screaming "step on me! step on me! Let me make you feel bad about yourself"

Friday and yesterday I was worn out. I slept til 10:30 today and feel amazing. I woke up feeling amazing. That is the good news. Because before it would have taken a couple more days to recover from that exhaustion and I would have felt only okay. But..I know part of it is that I get my best, most productive and I think healing sleep in the early am..like about 5 on. I can't do that everyday. I have tried repeatedly to change this by going to bed earlier, or going to bed later and much more tired. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that this is common of fibro pt. Have you found this true KR? And if so, do you know of a way to beat it? oh what I could accomplish if I felt this way all the time!

I say 'stop weighing yourself!! once a month only needed'

focus on the wellness, eating right and sparking your genes to heal

just saying

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast