Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Am I eating too much meat/fat? page 3

Zach is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrumpy View Post
    Tell that to Mark.
    So do you beleive that you can eat unlimited fat without gaining fat as long as there is zero carb? Did you know protein spikes insulin? Did you know that your body creates glucose from protein when carbs are absent?

Marks/Toubes/Moores theory that carbs > insulin > fat is wrong.

Skrumpy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    So do you beleive that you can eat unlimited fat without gaining fat as long as there is zero carb? Did you know protein spikes insulin? Did you know that your body creates glucose from protein when carbs are absent?

Marks/Toubes/Moores theory that carbs > insulin > fat is wrong.

If I believed that then I wouldn't have posted:
    Hey, well if you are eating more calories than you are burning it will end up as fat (no matter the source of calories).
    Which you must have read as you responded to that post, my first one in this thread.

I understand that protein can also trigger insulin release (I wouldn't call it a spike as relative to glucose it isn't even close) you merely need to look at glycemic load to see that as a FACT.

rachelleyrbelle is offline Junior Member
    What fantastic input! Thanks ya'll!

Wulf is offline Senior Member
    Make sure you are drinking enough water. It sounds counter-intuitive but, to reduce water retention / bloating, you have to make sure you are super hydrated, which flushes any excess salt which may cause you to retain water (and helps to lose weight, ultimately, usually with results appearing the next day). Which means at least 64 oz of water a day, or at least enough to have to go pee, generously, within an hour of intake. Bacon and tamari both have a high salt concentration, and we need some salt but not too much. Your diet looks good but may just need more water.

Zach is offline Banned
    Protein triggers just as much or more insulin then carbs, but it does not spike glucose so it triggers glucagon to dump glucose from the liver. So even in the complete absence of carbs, if you overeat meat/fat you can and will store fat.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rachelleyrbelle View Post
    Definitely feels more like bloat than actual fat, though I do feel like I'm storing more fat in my midsection than ever before. Here's an entire day's worth of eating for me:

breakfast - 2 hard boiled eggs, sometimes I'll have a clementine as well but not always; hot herbal tea
    lunch - big salad with 1 whole chicken breast, 2 eggs, 2 strips of bacon, carrot, bell pepper, cilantro, red onion, sometimes sunflower seeds too, usually with homemade dressing of olive oil, wheat-free tamari, balsamic, and fresh garlic
    dinner - meat and vegetables. Tonight I'll have bbq pulled beef and kale.
    Snacks - avocado-based key lime mousse (avocado, lime juice, honey, coconut oil - blended together), maybe a clementine or two

I don't always snack fyi, and sometimes I skip all sugar and tea some days as well. Any additional insight after reading all this?
    It all sounds yummy and healthy. The problem might be a single food, like eggs. Or an additive in the bacon. The only way to find out is to eliminate one food at a time for a couple of weeks and see. Or maybe your portions could be scaled back.

Or maybe you've lost so much fat all over, that the tummy is just more obvious, and there's nothing wrong with you!
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

vgorilla is offline Junior Member
    Is it belly fat or bloating? A slim chance, but maybe have some bloodwork done for the liver. Problems there can cause fluid to build in the abdomen. Maybe your liver isn't adapting well to the diet.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rachelleyrbelle View Post
    Definitely feels more like bloat than actual fat, though I do feel like I'm storing more fat in my midsection than ever before. Here's an entire day's worth of eating for me:

breakfast - 2 hard boiled eggs, sometimes I'll have a clementine as well but not always; hot herbal tea
    lunch - big salad with 1 whole chicken breast, 2 eggs, 2 strips of bacon, carrot, bell pepper, cilantro, red onion, sometimes sunflower seeds too, usually with homemade dressing of olive oil, wheat-free tamari, balsamic, and fresh garlic
    dinner - meat and vegetables. Tonight I'll have bbq pulled beef and kale.
    Snacks - avocado-based key lime mousse (avocado, lime juice, honey, coconut oil - blended together), maybe a clementine or two

I don't always snack fyi, and sometimes I skip all sugar and tea some days as well. Any additional insight after reading all this?
    I know this sounds knit picky but if that is a typical days diet it looks like a lot of o6 (still mountains better than the PUFA you get on SAD). Are you rotating in some fish once in awhile? I agree with you that you could probably make a much better dressing on your own. Otherwise I don't think its too bad.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Amelia is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    You should control your diet and start doing exercises. I suggest you to do swimming and take food which help in burning of fats like green tea and citrus fruits.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123