Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I eating too much meat/fat? page 2

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    It's not the fluid intake that causes your body to retain water. Sodium and carb intake can effect you "water weight". Sodium is well known for causing people to retain fluids. Carb intake is converted to glycogen and stored in the body- and glycogen requires water for the storage. Your liver alone can store up to 5 lbs of glycogen. That's why so many people lose very rapidly in the first week of going low carb- they're dropping water weight as their body consumes it's stored glycogen.
    Hmmm, I always thought it was somehow around 70 gram, you seem to have a very big liver EagleRiverDee?

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, not 5 lbs. Your talking a range for individuals but 100g is a good general estimate. Some say like 3-4 grams of water to each gram of glycogen so your not really gonna get over a pound loss out of just liver glycogen. Add some muscle glycogen to the mix though and you may get there.

Either way your talking bacon and roughage, so I'm leaning toward bloating and water weight anyhow.

rachelleyrbelle is offline Junior Member
    Pretty sure the topic may have changed to something else.

It's not about weight loss for me, it's about toning up and having my weight become more evenly distributed throughout my body.

The BAS is not a new addition to my diet at all, adn ya'll are right that experimentation is a key. I'll change my salad dressing routine for a week (using organic store-bought stuff, but something extremely simple and home made might be better for me), and if that doesn't bring about any changes, I'll see if eating only cooked vegetables will help.

Thanks for all your input! Also - I agree about the water weight thing. Ask any person that bleeds once a month, if your weight fluctuates so dramatic in such a short time, it's probably water.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Zach is not primal at all, so keep that in mind.

OP it could be too many veg for you, I can't eat too many without feeling crap. Also even too much fruit.
    You will have to experiment and see for yourself.
    Maybe you should put that in your sig line.

It doesnt matter how i eat, what i said was true. Your body can store fat rapidly if it feels the need. She should be able to tell the differenc ebetween bloat and belly fat.

vb66 is offline Senior Member
    If you post a whole day's worth of food it might be helpful to get a better idea of your overall intake

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrumpy View Post
    Also fat may be stored more easily than carbs, but you need carbs to help make that true (via insulin production). So I think just making that blanket statement is a little deceptive.
    This is also wrong.

rachelleyrbelle is offline Junior Member
    Definitely feels more like bloat than actual fat, though I do feel like I'm storing more fat in my midsection than ever before. Here's an entire day's worth of eating for me:

breakfast - 2 hard boiled eggs, sometimes I'll have a clementine as well but not always; hot herbal tea
    lunch - big salad with 1 whole chicken breast, 2 eggs, 2 strips of bacon, carrot, bell pepper, cilantro, red onion, sometimes sunflower seeds too, usually with homemade dressing of olive oil, wheat-free tamari, balsamic, and fresh garlic
    dinner - meat and vegetables. Tonight I'll have bbq pulled beef and kale.
    Snacks - avocado-based key lime mousse (avocado, lime juice, honey, coconut oil - blended together), maybe a clementine or two

I don't always snack fyi, and sometimes I skip all sugar and tea some days as well. Any additional insight after reading all this?

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I'd say that sounds very nutritious! If you are gaining fat then yeah your gonna have to pay closer attention to when your full and consider reducing your portion sizes. But, like you said water fluctuation is finicky especially in a women. Maybe just track for a couple of "cycles" to see how things are trending.

Zach is offline Banned
    I would agree to give it time. If you are feeling good otherwise, it might just be your digestion adjusting to a different way of eating.

Skrumpy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    This is also wrong.
    Tell that to Mark.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast