Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Carbs to balance hormones, how much? page 3

Mireia is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    90 grams of carbs is still not all that high. I don't have kids so I don't know this, but ISTM that breast feeding requires energy just as if you were exercising. Mark's carb curve allows up to 150g, doesn't it? You could probably eat more carbs and be fine as long as you avoid the bad oils and the wheat and corn. If you want to find your limit, you could carb up until you gain a little weight, and then stay below that level.

You know, lately I've been binging on sugar -- quite badly, in fact. Yet I don't seem to be gaining any weight. Or, it seems that the exact moment I gain a pound, I just get tired of the sugar and go back to eating primally again and lose the pound. The up and down cycle takes about a week. I can't figure out what's going on.
    Haha! I couldn't gain weight to save my life. Even with 1000g of sugar. I remember once I was eating 3700 cals a day and not gaining. That was another reason I started eating high fat...it helped me gain anlittle weight. But it took a long time for a few lbs.

Anyhow, I think you're right about the breastfeeding. It does take some away from me, calories and nutrition. I am working hard on increasing my carbs. I don't eat rice or potatoes.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mireia View Post
    Ui

I am home with a young toddler all day , doing chores and talking a walk a day. I hold him often still and he is about 25lbs. What activity level would that be?
    I'd say the higher end of the sedentary range. Experiment. Start with lower carbs where you keep 1g of carbs for every gram of protein and increase as necessary. You'll probably know when it's too much because you'll feel bloated or tired.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mireia View Post
    I am not all that stressed actually sorry if I come across this way. I am determined to get it right because last time I did not watch it I slid into low carb without knowing I was eating low carb. I did not know a thing about carbs. Some days I ate as little as 20g of carbs. I felt bad, but I did not know what was causing it.
    I eant to make sure I don't make that mistake again.
    That is good then.
    Everyone has a different carb level that is OK for them, so I guess you need to up yours until you find its too much Some of us thrive on very little carbs, while I know others do not

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    I'd say the higher end of the sedentary range. Experiment. Start with lower carbs where you keep 1g of carbs for every gram of protein and increase as necessary. You'll probably know when it's too much because you'll feel bloated or tired.
    Why are you recommending she eat that much protein?

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I was just rereading this thread and I think you should just eat more. It really won't matter if its fat or carbs..... just eat more. Whichever primal food sounds best at the time should work.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Increase carbs till your temperature is consistently above 97.5 degrees. If it's lower than that, you're hypothyroid.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    increase carbs till your temperature is consistently above 97.5 degrees. If it's lower than that, you're hypothyroid.
    lol
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Mireia is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I was just rereading this thread and I think you should just eat more. It really won't matter if its fat or carbs..... just eat more. Whichever primal food sounds best at the time should work.
    It is hard keeping the calories up with primal or paleo. My fitness pal calculated I need about 2000 to gain a little weight. That is usually what I eat.

Mireia is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    Increase carbs till your temperature is consistently above 97.5 degrees. If it's lower than that, you're hypothyroid.
    Intresting. I will have to get a thermometer next time I am in town.
    As far as I remember though, my temperature is usually above 97.5.
    I had times when it was very low, but I did not have thyroid problems then (before 2009). can it be inaccurate at all?

Mireia is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Carbs have been getting me bloated since reintroducing. I hope it will stop soon.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast