Thread: Favorite Green Tea?

Red face Favorite Green Tea?

Shop Now
    Hey Guys,

I was just in the US, great selection of teas which we don't have in UK, so I need to order online.

Wondered what your favorite brand (and best quality) of green tea is, as well as camomile.

Thanks,

Steve

My absolute favorite green tea is Yogi brand Super Antioxidant. It has a very smooth, slightly sweet/floral taste, never gets bitter.

Loose leaf. I get mine from a Taiwanese tea company called Ten Ren.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

looseleaf gunpowder and jasmine
    The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

I love me some loose leaf Japanese Sencha.

Brew sencha at 170 degrees F. Deep steamed (dark green and small leaves) for one minute with second steep 30 seconds at 170 F and third steep at 175 F for 45 seconds. Regular steamed (lighter green and larger leaves) for two minutes, second steep one minute at 170 F, and third steep at 1 minute at 175 F. Use five-eight grams of tea per cup depending on your personal taste.

Or there is Chinese Lu'an Gui Pian (Lu'an Melon Seed). All steeps at 175 F. First steep for one minute, second steep for one minute and 15 seconds, third steep for one minute and 30 seconds, fourth steep at two minutes, fifth steep at two minutes or more if you dare. Use about five scoops (teaspoons) of tea per two cups, two-and-a-half scoops per cup. It's a lot, but you will rebrew several times so you won't actually go through your leaves too quickly.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Drumroll; 02-06-2013 at 03:55 AM.

Hey Steve,

You can buy the real deal green tea in Chinese shops - much cheaper too
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

I get my fave green teas from Harney & Sons - Taiping Houkui and Lung Ching. Gunpowder when I'm in the mood for something a little stronger. They're all loose leaf teas. Hope this helps...

Shop Now
    I purchase all mine from Tea Hong, which is based out of Hong Kong. The man who set it up also runs Tea Guardian, which has a fair few nice articles.

I prefer his Yunwu (Tienshen April Mist) - versatile and inexpensive.

M.