Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Makro/Costco page 2

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I am in the same boat as DinoHunter, but still keep my membership because it is where we get paper towels, wife-feed (she eats garbage), cat food, trash bags and other such house things. And avocados usually.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    My local BJ's - a whole sale membership club kind of similar, but nor as nice as Costco offers free 3 mo. trial membership once in a while. I get it and stock up on stuff right before it expires. Then they run the same offer few months later and I get it again. IMO $50 fee is just too much for the right to spend your money somewhere.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I won't shop anywhere that makes me have to pay to shop there. My boyfriend has a Costco membership and we can never get out of there without spending $200 on crap we really didn't need. It's definitely a money suck. Even though our item-by-item purchases at other stores may be more expensive, not being tempted by so much other stuff definitely helps us save money.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Lilith is offline Member
    Thanks for your replies. Yes we have a Lidl nearby and find their vegetables are good value so we will have to look at their meat too
    Lilith

'Be yourself, everyone else is taken' - Oscar Wilde

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    I won't shop anywhere that makes me have to pay to shop there.
    everywhere that charges sales tax?
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

eddie trowel is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i was a bit sceptical about costco at the start.i tend to think that if stuff is cheap it will probably be crap but i know someone who worked in costco,he is a butcher by trade and tells me the quality of meat they have is very good.

i have had costco membership for about three years now and i think it's well worth it,plenty of meat/fish on sale and i find it better stuff than tesco too.
    once a month they have a fish market in there and whole salmon is 4.99/kilo.

i also upgraded to executive membership,this gives 1% cashback (before vat) paid each year.it costs an extra 25 i think but last year i got total cashback of 110.00.
    if you don't get enough money back to cover the extra 25 you can cancell it and get a refund so you can't really lose.

it's worth taking a look,especially if you have a freezer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12