Thread: Anyone from Singapore ? page

simpledom is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Anyone from Singapore ?

Hi !

Chanced on Mark's great work after working out based on Mehdi's StrongLifts workouts. After trying out 2 days of this diet, I must say, it is fun, interesting, yet challenging and frustrating at the same time.

Problem is... CW has brainwashed everyone such that when I eat certain stuff, my wife would be going, "are you sure? That's filled with fat!" and "How can we avoid eating any carbs ?"

Also, having trouble finding decently priced food stuffs that fit into the Primal criteria. E.g. Milk here is all Homogenized and Pasteurized, been to so many stalls, and I can't find any "fresh" milk. Also, cheeses are not labelled properly such that I know if its the correct dairy I should be taking.

Meats are not labelled grass-fed, etc, so I assume that they are all raised in a farm and grain fed.

Vegetables are expensive when it comes to organic bunches, so it's tough to get them as well.

I hope that I can find like minded and fellow Singaporeans who can share ideas and places where we can have great Primal diets !

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Oh dear this is not what I wanted to hear. I am moving to Brunei later this year and have been wondering about how I will get by on the local fare.

Grass fed beef isn't even a consideration here in NZ - you'd struggle to get it any other way, and grass fed pork and poultry are readily available, I suspect this will be my biggest issue.

Loka is offline Senior Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by simpledom View Post
    Hi !

Chanced on Mark's great work after working out based on Mehdi's StrongLifts workouts. After trying out 2 days of this diet, I must say, it is fun, interesting, yet challenging and frustrating at the same time.

Problem is... CW has brainwashed everyone such that when I eat certain stuff, my wife would be going, "are you sure? That's filled with fat!" and "How can we avoid eating any carbs ?"

Also, having trouble finding decently priced food stuffs that fit into the Primal criteria. E.g. Milk here is all Homogenized and Pasteurized, been to so many stalls, and I can't find any "fresh" milk. Also, cheeses are not labelled properly such that I know if its the correct dairy I should be taking.

Meats are not labelled grass-fed, etc, so I assume that they are all raised in a farm and grain fed.

Vegetables are expensive when it comes to organic bunches, so it's tough to get them as well.

I hope that I can find like minded and fellow Singaporeans who can share ideas and places where we can have great Primal diets !
    Hihi, im from S'pore n am new to this site. Are you still eating primal?

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Organic and grass fed are luxuries, that make little to no difference health wise. When Singapore has such an amazing abundance of fresh fruits and vegetables you really shouldn't care about the small details.

As for meat go to the Swiss Butcher or Meat the Butcher. Generally in terms of best to worst quality generic meat it goes: lamb/mutton>beef>pork>chicken. I've stopped eating chicken and pick up beef/mutton whenever I can.

Dairy isn't that important, and its of decent quality. Cheeses should be fine, I wouldn't drink milk if you are sensitive to dairy.

Also primal is not low carb and please don't fall into the low carb dogma. If you are in Singapore you'll know that noodles/rice are everywhere. Just eat rice when its served, but if you are home cooking then you don't need to wolf it down.
    http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore