Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (252dlp) page 3

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well yesterday was just a big ole eat fest. I was over all my macronutrients(?). I'm up a pound today and was up a pound yesterday. I'm just plain overeating I think. Today should be better in all areas. Hopefully. It's planned to be better and I usually stick to my plan, so I'm hopeful.

Today looked like this:

1: Coffee with coconut milk and butter (odd combo, but tasty)
    2: About 8 pistachios and iced coffee
    3: Ground beef with 1/4 avocado
    4: Romaine with olive oil/balsamic dressing and some tuna (in olive oil) on top; 4 tiny squares of 85% cocoa

To come:

Undecided. Didn't plan anything.

Dinner ended up being mushrooms and bacon sauteed in a little butter. Dessert was a little goat cheese with a thin coating of cranberries.

Everything was too high yesterday. I'm still overeating by a lot. Today is better. It's still a process for me. I guess I'd better finish reading the PB soon, lol.

Today:

1: Coffee with butter, 1 oz of goat cheese
    2: Ground beed, 1/2 avocado; iced coffee
    3: 1 can salmon, mayo; 2 small tangerines

Planned for later:

4: Protein "shake" (more like softserve ice cream) made with 1/4 can coconut milk, 1 frozen banana, either flax seed meal or butter (not sure yet), and unsweetened cocoa powder...may add a little serving of slivered almonds

5: [if needed] 1-2 oz goat cheese
    Last edited by 252dlp; 02-27-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Well, I'm obviously doing something wrong. I'm feeling pretty good, which is the most important thing, but my energy hasn't increased much and I'm definitely NOT losing weight. I still think I'm overeating, but the appetite suppression hasn't kicked in yet and I'm feeling (probably actually THINKING) hungry all the time. Not exactly sure what to tweak yet, but I'll keep working on it.

Today looks like this:

1: Coffee with butter and a little coconut milk (lite)
    2: Ground beef, 1/2 avocado; iced coffee (with lite coconut milk) (lite is only because that's what I had---I have a BUNCH of
    cans that I bought before "going primal")

To come at work:

3: Chicken breast with a little artichoke pesto; broccoli florets with butter

Later at home:

4: Probably a "shake" like yesterday. That was VERY good. Ended up using butter and flax meal.

I may snack at work...brought a can of tuna in olive oil that I can eat if needed. I'm already feeling slightly hungry and I just ate about 40 minutes ago (beef/avocado). {{Sigh}}

So if I eat everything planned (but not the tuna) my totals will look like this:

80 g proteain (19%)
    54 g carbs (12%)
    132 g fat (69%)

1,683 calories
    Last edited by 252dlp; 03-04-2013 at 09:33 AM. Reason: adding

Dinner last night ended up being homemade chicken broth with butter and coconut oil added with 10 slices of bacon. Don't ask, lol. I also had some macadamia nuts for a snack. I am way overeating protein, so I'll need to adjust that for next week.

Today looks similar to yesterday except that I was trying for higher fat...didn't quite work...protein is still too high. I'll do better grocery shopping tomorrow.

Done:

[5:00 a.m - driving] Coffee with butter and coconut manna (note to self, use coconut oil not manna...manna has coconut bits in it, lol); 5 THIN sliced bacon

[7:00 a.m. - Work] Treadmill at work, 5 incline (10 min)

[7:25 a.m. - Work] Ground beef; 15 olives

[9:00 a.m. - Work] Walk neighborhood around work (20 min)

[Work] Ground beef; had an avocado but it was rotten inside so threw it out

To come:

[Home] Eggs with butter, sausage
    Last edited by 252dlp; 03-01-2013 at 03:49 PM.

Dinner last night was indeed eggs, sausage and a large side of broccoli with butter.

Today so far:

[4:30 am] Coffee with butter; 6 slices thin cut bacon

[8:30 am] Starbucks Decaf triple espresso shots w/heavy whipping cream and a splash (it wasn't much) sugar free vanilla syrup

[11:40 am] Salmon, asparagus (both sauteed in garlic herb butter; raw coconut macaroon

[3:05 pm] 6 macadamia nuts

[4:00 pm] 7 oz Fage Total (full fat) Greek Yogrt; 23 black olives
    Last edited by 252dlp; 03-02-2013 at 06:04 PM. Reason: adding

Yay, finally lost a couple of pounds and am back down below 180. I feel like I'm in ketosis which is helping with the hunger thing. I haven't been that hungry this weekend. I also incorporated a little fun into my day yesterday. I think I've forgotten what it's like to just do something for fun. It was late when I had this urge, so I just played Wii bowling, but it was fun, lol. Today my plan is to go out for a walk (as I usually do on Sunday mornings), but to just have fun...look at flowers, etc. I also plan to make the farmer's market in my area part of the walk as I've been doing for a few weeks now, but instead of breezing through it, I might actually take more time to look around.

I might skip Starbucks this morning, although yesterday I did go and just had heavy cream in my coffee. If I go this morning, I'll just do that. I'm finding I actually like the taste of just the coffee and the cream (or butter if I'm out of cream). Not everything has to be sweet, lol.

So today so far, I've roasted some chicken leg/thigh pieces for my lunches during the week, and I've got some legs in now for snacks. Yesterday was near perfect as far as my macros go, so I want to be ready this week with more appropriate foods.

So far:

[5:30 am] Coffee with 2 T heavy cream; 1 raw coconut cocao macaroon (these are small but SOOOO filling)

[7:55 am] Fage full fat yogurt (7 oz) with just a few fresh organic blueberries and strawberries

[8:45 am - 9:00 am] Walk to Farmer's Market, browse, walk home.

[11:00-11:30 am] Changing sheets, decluttering bedroom.

[11:40 am] 2 chicken legs with skin (roasted), 12 asparagus spears in butter; 2 tiny 85% cocao bar pieces; 4 small macadamia nuts.

[3:30 pm] Iced decaf coffee with 1 T heavy cream, splash of liquid splenda

[4:45 pm] 2 oz Sopressata (like salami) with thin smear of fromage; 12 olives
    Last edited by 252dlp; 03-03-2013 at 06:10 PM. Reason: adding

Down a miniscule (in a good way) bit today as well...I'll take any amount, lol!

So far today:

[4:45 am] Raw Coconut Cocao Macaroon, then large commuter cup of coffee with 2 T heavy cream on my way to work

[7:30 am] 3 egg salad w/1 baby dill pickle and 2T mayo (mayo is not primal)

[11:45 am] Chicken thigh/leg (with skin); 2 cups broccoli w/butter; 13 (or so) black olives

[5:10 pm] 1/2 avocado (or maybe the whole thing depending on how hungry I am); 2 oz of Soprassato; fromage fresche (from a local farmer);2 T each of cashew butter and cream cheese spead
    Last edited by 252dlp; 03-04-2013 at 07:22 PM. Reason: adding

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Weight is UP a miniscule amount today, but I think yesterday was a high sodium day, so not worrying just yet, lol.

Today:

[4:30 am] Raw Coconut Cacao Macaroon, and a large commuter cup of coffee with 2T heavy cream on the way to work.

[7:30 am] 2-egg salad w/1 baby dill pickle and 1.5 T mayo

[11:30 am] 2 roasted chicken legs w/skin on; 1/2 avocado, 14 black olives

[4:40-5:00 pm] Gold's Gym Cardio Shape Boxing (Wii)--justing having fun, lol

[5:15 pm] Homemade chicken broth, 1 T butter, 1 T garlic herb butter, 1 T coconut oil, 4 slices bacon; 2 T cream cheese spread; 2 T cashew butter
    Last edited by 252dlp; 03-06-2013 at 09:00 AM. Reason: adding

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Weight was down a bit this morning. Feeling hungrier today than I have been not sure exactly why. My energy is improving...It's been years since I've felt this much energy. Can't say it's a HUGE amount of energy, but it's an improvement for sure.

[4:15 am] Raw Coconut Cocao Macaroon; then 1 large commuter cup of coffee with heavy cream

[7:30 am] 2-egg egg salad with 1 baby dill pickle and 1.5 T mayo (mayo is not primal)

[10:15 am] handful of pistachios

[11:55 am] 3.75 oz liverwurst; 1/2 avocado

[4:45 pm] Chicken thigh & leg; fresh mushrooms sauteed with butter

Did not end up doing any exercise.
    Last edited by 252dlp; 03-06-2013 at 07:08 PM. Reason: adding

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast