Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (252dlp) page 2

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Stuck to yesterday's plan, including the goat cheese snack. Here's what today looks like:

B: Goat cheese/cranberries
    S: Hot cocoa
    L: Big salad: romaine, 1/2 avocado, olives, roasted chicken breast (and a little thigh meat too), olive oil/balsamic dressing
    S: Tuna salad (w/baby dill pickle and mayo)
    D: Salmon, brussells sprouts sauteed in butter
    S: Macadamia nuts

Yesterday was mostly a fat day. Today is much the same, and the hunger suppression is FINALLY kicking in. Finally. That is making it much easier to eat a reasonable amount. I've been WAY overeating for months now mostly due to stress, but also because I ALWAYS SEEM to be hungry (but actually think it's just because I THINK I'm hungry). I have gastroparesis, so eating small amounts more often helps my symptoms, but jeez it's really easy to have the small meals grow in size without even realizing it.

So for today:

#1: Goat cheese with cranberries; coffee with heavy whipping cream
    #2: Macadamia nuts
    #3: Latte
    #4: Ground beef w/ half an avocado
    #5: Ground beef; large salad with olive oil/balsamic dressing, olives, bacon bits (no nitrates/nitrites)
    #6: Unsure, but it would only be if needed...maybe sliced turkey

My exercise today was a walk to Starbucks, then to a local farmer's market where I did some organic shopping and more walking, then walked home. I'm also fixing to do a quick functional strength workout consisting of push-ups, squats and planks.
    Last edited by 252dlp; 03-04-2013 at 08:24 AM.

A duh moment today...the insulin spike is my greatest foe/enemy, lol. I bought some very dark chocolate on Saturday whilst grocery shopping. I was afraid to eat any yesterday because once I taste chocolate, it becomes hard to stop eating it. But I found with the extra dark stuff, a very small square will satisfy me and I actually DON'T want more. Wow, that's new, lol.

I woke up this morning and wasn't very hungry. Hungry enough to feel slightly empty, but not enough to want to eat. I decided to give the bulletproof coffee a try. So far so good. That was two hours ago and I'm still not hungry. I think I did not get my amounts quite right, but I'll get it eventually.

I did finally get hungry yesterday but was never really famished. Some of the things I had were chicken livers lightly breaded with coconut flour and then sauteed with fresh mushrooms in Kerri Gold Garlic & Herb butter. Yum. Haven't had chicken livers in years. Had a nice salad as well.

Today went like this:

Iced coffee with heavy cream (put too much cream in, so halfway through I added more coffee and a little sugar free syrup (liquid splenda)

2 hard boiled eggs halved with a very thin layer of mayo; 10 olives

Pistachio nuts; 2 tiny squares of 80% cacao chocolate

Ground beef patty; 1/2 avocado

Haven't had dinner yet and not entirely sure what I want...sort of in the mood for scrambled eggs with bacon and sauteed mushrooms and a little salad, but not entirely sure yet. It may just be a protein shake. Or I may just have a huge salad with some chicken breast. Hard to think of what you want when you are not hungry, lol.

Ended up having the scrambled eggs with sauteed mushrooms and bacon and some green bean chips.

Today looks almost exactly like yesterday except that I had bulletproof coffee instead of the iced coffee and will have a big a** salad for dinner with roasted chicken breast and olive oil/balsamic vinegar dressing.

Uggg, not losing weight, and can't really say I'm feeling better yet either, but am committed to rid myself of the junk and processed stuff little by little, so I'll keep going. I do need to move and lift heavy things a bit more than I am doing at the moment...that will help. I'm also probably still overeating even though it doesn't feel like it most of the time.

Here's what today looks like:

#1: Coffee with heavy cream; 5 slices of thin cut bacon

#2: 1/2 avocado; 2 oz Fromage Fresche; about 1-2 oz chicken (this was unintentional--I left my ground beef at home and had originally brought this to snack on later in the day instead of pistachios--I would have brought more chicken had that been planned for a meal)

#3: Tuna in olive oil, a bit of mayo, 1 baby dill and some romaine leaves

Planned:

#4 The ground beef I forgot to bring for lunch, brussells sprouts; blueberries and strawberries and maybe with 1 oz of heavy cream if I'm feeling empty.

Dinner last night ended up being a protein "shake" (more like soft serve ice cream) because apparently I didn't just forget to bring it with me yesterday, but I forgot to take it out of the freezer entirely, lol. Sheesh, don't know what is happening to my brain.

I've decided that I need to prioritize my goals. Having a clearer idea of what I want will help me stick to it I think. I haven't quite figured out what is most important, but reducing inflammation in my body is a very high priority and I may just make that first on my list for a while. So, that means eating less poison should be my highest priority. The weight loss thing will take care of itself eventually.

Today looks like this:

1: Coffee with heavy cream (I have a sensitivity to casein, but I've been drinking this anyway because I don't have immediate symptoms at the moment, but I HAVE been having more congestion later in the day this week, so next week I'll switch to coconut milk in my coffee)

2: About 8 pistachios and 1 tiny square of 85% chocolate.

3: Ground beef and 1/2 avocado; coffee with coconut milk

4: 3 hard boiled eggs with thin layer of mayo; 8 olives; maybe the second half of the avocado

5: Protein shake

I finally seem to be on the right track. I've had to cut back both protein and carbs a bit more, and finally I've got below 180 for the first time in months. I am still at my highest weight ever, so I've got a long way to go, but it sure felt great to seen 179 this morning!

Yesterday looked like this:

Coffee with heavy cream, 7 slices very thin cut bacon
    Starbucks latte (with soy--guess it's going to be part of my 20% for a while longer)
    Roasted chicken: leg, thigh and wing; couple very small squares of Black and Greens 85% chocolate
    Roasted chicken: other leg, thigh and wing
    Made a dessert concoction of coconut flakes (unsweetened), unsalted butter (melted), and hazelnut butter...wasn't bad, wasn't great, lol, but worked...I needed more fat

I did a lot of walking while shopping, and then later I decided to get out in the sunshine for a quick walk around the neighborhood.

Today looks like this:

Coffee with heavy cream (this was the last of the cream...switching to coconut milk), 7 slices thin cut bacon
    Starbucks again

Undecided for the rest of the day...probably at least 1 "protein" shake
    Possibly full fat greek yogurt with a few blueberries and a few strawberries
    Something with spinach...in the mood for spinach

I'll be walking to get the Starbucks then walking the neighborhood which includes a Farmer's market, so I'll be walking around that and hopefully finding some fresh goodies. Last week I found some great local farmer fromage. Not sure they'll be here this week, but I may buy some coffee from one of the vendors who was there last week. May also buy some artichokes...bought two last week which were delicious.

Update: scored a small victory when I realized that I wasn't enjoying my Starbuck's and actually threw it away at the nearest trash can. Yay. Found a spaghetti squash at the Farmer's Market which I've been wanting to try for a long time but haven't found one at my Whole Foods. Also found some locally made cultured unsalted butter.
    Last edited by 252dlp; 02-24-2013 at 09:16 AM.

Yummm, just finished a great little meal with my spaghetti squash. I sauteed that and some roasted chicken (with skin) in some Kerigold garlic herb butter and a little artichoke pesto. Wow was that good. I have lots of leftover squash, so I may have more later or I may try storing some somehow.

PrimalCon New York
    Today looks like this:

Coffee w/Kerigold butter

Romaine lettuce, olive oil & balsamic dressing, roasted chicken breast

Ground beef, 1/2 avocado

Spaghetti squash sauteed with garlic herb butter with bacon and not sure what else.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast