Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sardines? page 3

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have a ton of Wild Planet ones. I had never really eaten sardines before going primal, but it's easy. I prefer them to tuna now. I think they taste better.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    I usually eat a can of sardines in tomato sauce, 425 gram, per week, and it comes in addition to the regular fish or seafood. When I open the can I mash the sardines with a fork into a pasta with the tomato sauce, and I use a few tablespoons in my soup, the rest I put into the freezer for the next days...

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    little kippered herrings are a little easier to eat than sardines, if sardines freak you out.

tho i like both.

macks is offline Junior Member
    I usually just throw them in my blender and just drink it up....sardine smoothies baby

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    you guys need to Primal up and eat your sardines (in EVOO - not water or soybean oil) with bones, skins etc.

They are a superfood, easy, convenient owing to their portability ad shelf life as well as inexpensive. They taste great! Just gotta pick your favorite brand.

They are one of TFC's favorite foods; so nutritious it's really worth forcing yourself to eat them.
    ad astra per aspera

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by macks View Post
    I usually just throw them in my blender and just drink it up....sardine smoothies baby
    Good idea! Maybe I could blend the sardines with vodka, tomato sauce, tabasco and lemon juice to some kind of a "Bloody Mary"? Have to try that some day...

Diechipmunk is offline Junior Member
    I have always loved fish of any kind, long before I began moving towards Primal. I do eat sardines; headless, but with skin and bones in olive oil, and I don't really like them. The oil adds a slimy texture to a "fishy" tasting fish, and I burp them up for hours after - not good for anyone.

Are sardines in water that much worse, if I get plenty of EVOO elsewhere?

Balance is offline Senior Member
    I buy 5 tins at a time. I always buy them in fresh spring water and never in EVOO anymore. I read a study last year that showed sardines and other fish that is in EVOO are more prone to oxidation. Obviously brands differ as does quality. But to avoid all that I buy my sardines in spring water. I agree that the EVOO gives it a slimy texture and I get enough EVOO with my salad dressing.

But back to the main topic, Sardines are great! They taste better than tuna in my opinion and are loaded with o3. I eat them with the skin and bones which I hardly even notice when eating. They can be stored for a long period of time and are pretty cheap in price when compared to wild caught salmon. My grandparents loved sardines and it was their go to "fast food" when they needed something quick or when they were camping/hunting.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I didn't read any of this but I want you all to know that I eat an average of 4oz of sardines a day. God I love them.
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Good idea! Maybe I could blend the sardines with vodka, tomato sauce, tabasco and lemon juice to some kind of a "Bloody Mary"? Have to try that some day...
    That sounds awesome. Or, if you didn't want to liquify the fish, all the other items as a sauce and garnish with the sardines.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast