Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: keep trying keep failing page

spiralgirl is offline Junior Member

keep trying keep failing

Primal Fuel
    hello all.
    I am new to this site and way of life and am convinced of its benefits. I really want to be one of the success stories that are so inspiring. When I try this way of life I feel great physically and on the whole pretty good mentally and emotionally but I manage about 3 weeks each time I try and then revert back to sugar and carbs. I have been doing this now for about 6 months and know that this cannot be good for my health but seem unable to be consistent. I could really do with some advise. I would also like to know if anyone knows of any UK support groups.
    thankyou in advance because I know the answer is out there somewhere

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Primal/Paleo is not necessarily synonymous with low-carb. What carbs have you been eating? Can you provide a sample daily meal list so we know what you've been eating and what you've potentially been lacking?

If you are craving carbs, you may just need to eat some more! It can be that simple. Try having some sweet potato, berries, tea with raw honey, carrots, dates, or banana.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

frenchie79 is offline Member
    Post an example of what you eat in a day.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    If you're eating whole unprocessed foods, grain-free, 3 weeks out of 4, how can that be worse than eating crap 4 weeks out of 4? The glass is half full, well, 3/4 full actually, so stop beating yourself up.

If you can be more specific about what exactly is tripping you up, you may get some good ideas on how make this easier.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

spiralgirl is offline Junior Member
    Breakfast
    Live full fat yoghurt with a handful of berries
    2 Poached eggs with a steamed green veg
    Lunch
    Mozzarella, avocado, tomato, salad
    A few nuts
    Banana

Dinner
    Grain free sausages
    Cooked with onion,pepper,tomatoes ,herbs (yummy)

Sometimes breakfast keeps me full till early evening and I may have some nuts and fruit for lunch.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    That sounds yummy but it's not very MUCH food. Maybe you just need to eat a bit more primal food instead of gravitating to the sugar and carbs. If you need the energy add some calories such as butter on your steamed veg at breakfast, extra olives in your salad, and a potato or sweet potato with sour cream at dinner.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    That sounds yummy but it's not very MUCH food. Maybe you just need to eat a bit more primal food instead of gravitating to the sugar and carbs. If you need the energy add some calories such as butter on your steamed veg at breakfast, extra olives in your salad, and a potato or sweet potato with sour cream at dinner.
    Yes agree with this
    just keep at it, it does become easier.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralgirl View Post
    hello all.
    I am new to this site and way of life and am convinced of its benefits. I really want to be one of the success stories that are so inspiring. When I try this way of life I feel great physically and on the whole pretty good mentally and emotionally but I manage about 3 weeks each time I try and then revert back to sugar and carbs. I have been doing this now for about 6 months and know that this cannot be good for my health but seem unable to be consistent. I could really do with some advise. I would also like to know if anyone knows of any UK support groups.
    thankyou in advance because I know the answer is out there somewhere
    I don't wish to be harsh but "the answer" is never "out there". The answer lies within yourself. Stop trying and just do it. No excuses, balls to the wall. Stop with the excuses and plan properly and execute. It's time to stop making excuses for yourself and your behaviour. Look in towards yourself and commit. No more buts.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Well, your diet seems very very low carbs, as it seems your only carbs come from the berries and banana. Try adding some tubers, squash, etc. and bump up your carbs one day per week, like Mark says in this post: Can Carb Refeeds Boost Stalled Weight Loss? | Mark's Daily Apple

Also, the amount you're eating is very very little, so you probably should just eat more. Add some almond milk (or dairy milk, if you can handle it), kefir, meats, tubers, and other calorie-dense foods.

Not everyone responds to super-low carb diets; I'm one of them. I keep my carbs around 130-160 daily, and any time I'd go lower for too long, I'd basically lose my mojo: I'd get lazy and crave things I usually don't (candy, etc.)
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Balls to the wall, LOL, but she's right.
    Keep a journal, read Mark's book and live it.
    Don't keep junk food in your house.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast