Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: keep trying keep failing page 2

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So what keeps happening at the 3 week mark? Carb flu? Get tired of cooking? Run out of grocery money?

Successful eating takes successful planning. And I suggest you PLAN to eat plenty of fat, eggs, tasty meat, and raw or roasted (in fat) veggies. At that 3 week point, have a feast planned!
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralgirl View Post
    Breakfast
    Live full fat yoghurt with a handful of berries
    2 Poached eggs with a steamed green veg
    Lunch
    Mozzarella, avocado, tomato, salad
    A few nuts
    Banana

Dinner
    Grain free sausages
    Cooked with onion,pepper,tomatoes ,herbs (yummy)

Sometimes breakfast keeps me full till early evening and I may have some nuts and fruit for lunch.
    Can you add bacon to breakfast? How about adding a canned fish, tuna or sardines, to lunch, and a green vegie to dinner. That should do it. If you're too full at lunch, can you skip lunch and eat dinner earlier, or not skip lunch and eat dinner later?

Many people at 50 don't eat as many calories. You can keep track of the calories at paleotrack.com or another similar site. Are you very active? I think this 'fat burning theory' requires being active if not exercise.

BklynGirl is offline Member
    I second Sandra: what makes you give up? You say you feel great physically eating like this, so what makes you stop? Identifying this is the first and most important step to lasting change. I also agree with what a few others have said, that you should maybe eat more. If you're trying to track calories on purpose, stop for a little while. Let yourself have your fill of yummy, healthy food, and you can worry about weight loss and calories once you've transitioned and are already getting healthier.

Especially in the beginning, don't be too strict: go ahead and have a bunch of carbs from tubers, sweet potatoes, etc.; make yourself some tasty primal treats / desserts; add some more butter or coconut oil if you want it; have some bacon! Making eating primal an indulgence, not a punishment. Commit whole-heartedly and believe that this will not only be a success, but it will be FUN! And keep reading / posting on MDA--it's a great way to stay motivated.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    I think adding in more primal carbs, especially the starchy things a bit will help kill the cravings before they start. I'm guessing a lot of what you are eating when you "go off" are starchy grain foods?

How is your gut health? If your bacterial balance is off and/ or you have a leaky gut this will continue to give you cravings. Try upping fermented foods a ton and see if this makes any difference for you.

spiralgirl is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Thankyou everyone there are some great suggestions. I could definitely improve my planning and I will try to eat more starchy carbs I was concerned that I was eating too many carbs and that they were triggering cravings. My gut health isn't good and I have had Rosacea for 20 years. This got very much worse on my first attempt at this way of eating which I wasn't very encouraged by. I continue because despite this everything else felt better. Yes the answers are within us but we can still learn and get support from others. I have tried hard and I am making mistakes somewhere and am trying to learn from other people's experiences of this. On the days where I have eaten oily fish this has been easier so I will increase those. I like the suggestion to enjoy this !!! .. Note to self and the journal is something I haven't tried so here goes.
    Thanks everyone I will keep posting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12