Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye bye cosmetics! Learning about skin and hair pH. page 3

vintageeats is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    3. Why do we need Febreeze and all these plug-in deodorizers and such? I do not trust that alchemy of chemicals. If you stink that much, you've got problems. I'll concede usage of a candle when the dog is flatulent, but to the larger point of beauty and hygiene products and cleaning products jacking up our lives with unwanted crap, I'm with ya, ladies.
    So gross. I like candles for ambience, but I normally can't stand them for scent. All except for the super expensive ones smell cheap and synthetic to me, so why bother? Same with room sprays. And body spritzers. GAG. I use this hair oil to keep my hair from getting all staticky in the winter and, along with the amount I use, I usually add a drop of jasmine oil (today was rosemary). Good smell, lasts all day, not too overpowering.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I think avocado would provide much more protection for me over time, and I'm rather bothered that my husband is inhibiting me. LOL
    Fight for your rights Zoe

Quote Originally Posted by vintageeats View Post
    I've also given thought to making my own cosmetics - a la beet juice for lip/cheek stain. Anybody doing this?
    In the first post here I linked a thread, and Zoebird has given loads of great info in that about how to make your own makeup
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    3. Why do we need Febreeze and all these plug-in deodorizers and such? I do not trust that alchemy of chemicals. If you stink that much, you've got problems. I'll concede usage of a candle when the dog is flatulent, but to the larger point of beauty and hygiene products and cleaning products jacking up our lives with unwanted crap, I'm with ya, ladies.
    I hate this crap, i see so many skin issues with the dogs I work with that disapear when i convince the owners to toss the febreeze/plug ins etc. makes me wonder just how much of an impact ther having on people without anyone realizeing that its not normal "age related" or generic allergys.

Oh and I have a mastiff.. No amount of febreeze/deoderizer helps when he starts farting luckly he has a habit of perposly directing them at my hubby. Lol
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Laura is offline Junior Member
    I have used Arbonne products for 7 years, gluten free nutrition, skin care and makeup - safe benchmark! Life Choice - Botanically based supplements and beauty products

I have used Arbonne products for 7 years, gluten free nutrition, skin care and makeup - safe benchmark! swiss formulated - no artificial dyes, colors, fragrance, parabens, no animal rendering, petroleum, no artificial flavors or sweeteners, certified vegan. A girl's gotta have choices! Life Choice - Botanically based supplements and beauty products

Response to Bye Bye cosmetics

I have used Arbonne products for 7 years, gluten free nutrition, skin care and makeup - safe benchmark! swiss formulated - no artificial dyes, colors, fragrance, parabens, no animal rendering, petroleum, no artificial flavors or sweeteners, certified vegan. A girl's gotta have choices! Life Choice - Botanically based supplements and beauty products

detox and hormone balance helps acne in weightloss, dietary changes

hormone balance goes hand in hand with detox. Arbonne products offer both. message me to chat more. Life Choice - Botanically based supplements and beauty products

little vase is online now Senior Member
    I make my own candles from soy oil and essential oils, and have also made my own soap. I do feel that all soaps are terrible (even mine and am making the switch to using sea salts and lemons in the bath. I have a 20 lb bag of dead sea salt and adding a bit of that and some baking soda is wonderful in the bath. Showers I haven't figured out yet.

All soap is made with lye. If you don't use lye, there is no saponification, which means there's no soap. I just can't keep continuing to make or use a product that burns my eyeballs and dries out my skin, so I'm exploring alternate ways to keep my skin clean naturally. Any shower or bath product suggestions very welcomed!

I just rinse my hair with warm water when I shower, and my hair always looks great. Once a week I put CO on my hair and scalp and it comes out fine with the warm water rinse and then a brush-through after it dries. I use the castor oil and olive oil cleansing method on my face. It's actually kind of drying (who would think that cleansing with oil could be drying!) but of course way way less drying than soap and I think it's just a transitional thing. I use CO as a moisturizer. After reading these comments I need to get some avocado oil!

SOOO sorry for the duplicate posts! I tried to delete... I'll catch on soon!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cierra View Post
    But what about for acne? I feel a lot better after starting (trying) to go Primal, however, I've been getting a lot of zits. I wash my hands plenty and try not to touch my face, ever. It's started back up on my back and shoulders, too, like when I was a pubescent teenager! My hair has also gotten noticeably greaser and have always only washed my hair 2x a week at most. I've never needed to wash it more often than that. I scared to use coconut oil on my skin because I simply just done want to look like a pizza! Any ideas, ladies? Maybe I have increased hormones?
    What's your diet like Cierra? Are you HFLC?

Coconut oil is fine on your body but not recommended for the face as it's comedogenic and can block your pores.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast