Thread: Any ideas for Fat Tuesday potluck? page

jennf is offline Senior Member

Any ideas for Fat Tuesday potluck?

Shop Now
    We're having a potluck lunch at work next week in honor of Fat Tuesday. Any ideas of what I could bring that I'd actually be able to eat? Cajun/creole would be awesome, but I'll take any ideas for recipes that would feed 15-20 people and would be transportable. Thanks!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Boudin Sausage Recipe : Emeril Lagasse : Recipes : Food Network

Notes: If you don't have casings, you can do this as Boudin Balls (just form the mixture into balls and cook like you would any other meatball). Also, if pig liver is difficult for you to find, chicken liver works perfectly fine.

Some Creole/Cajun recipes can be primalized pretty easily. If there's flour, often using a primal flour or using reduction works. The biggest issue would be if you don't eat any white rice at all. That would be tough to replace.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Boudin Sausage Recipe : Emeril Lagasse : Recipes : Food Network

Notes: If you don't have casings, you can do this as Boudin Balls (just form the mixture into balls and cook like you would any other meatball). Also, if pig liver is difficult for you to find, chicken liver works perfectly fine.

Some Creole/Cajun recipes can be primalized pretty easily. If there's flour, often using a primal flour or using reduction works. The biggest issue would be if you don't eat any white rice at all. That would be tough to replace.
    I'm not the OP but I just wanted to thank you for this recipe, I love boudin! I don't have a meat grinder though, this might be a reason to get one... I've actually found boudin at the store, but the brand they carry has MSG and gives me a headache. Now if I could just make a primal king cake...

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Your welcome! I have a little 3cup food processor, and I can grind pork in it. It probably takes longer than a grinder, but it can be done.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I am in need of some ideas, also!

Here's a primal jambalaya:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/prima...#axzz2KKxCAIcE
    Last edited by healthy11; 02-09-2013 at 08:37 AM.