I haven't posted a heck of a lot here, so before I get on to the issue at hand I will give some background info on my diet and general state of fitness. I am 37 yrs old, male, 5'10" 160 lbs. I have been eating paleo for about 9 months, and lost 30 lbs during that time (although I seem to be stable weight wise now, and am as lean as I have ever been). I eat fairly strict most days, other than Sunday, where I do my level best to bankrupt the local Mexican restaurant's buffet.

My workout schedule is 2 days "on" one day "off". I do 30 minutes on the treadmill @4MPH and with the incline at 5, then 50 pushups, 100 situps, and another 50 pushups. Six months ago I could only do 40-50 pushups total and no more than 10-15 in a set.

My issue currently is a soreness in the lower front of my neck that won't seem to go away. I went to the doc about a month ago and he said I had a cold and such, then gave me antibiotics and an anti-inflammatory. I felt a little better while taking that stuff, but once off it the symptoms came back. FWIW I also have had for years a chronic soreness at the base of my neck on my back. This new thing feels quite different. Also, I often find myself breathing through my mouth at night since I have sinus issues.

Again I am doing way more exercise than ever before and feel generally well, other than this problem, and am wondering if maybe doing this number of pushups could be giving me muscular soreness, and maybe that along with being a mouth-breather (lol) could be causing this weird feeling?