Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spaghetti Squash - definitive information?

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoBlog View Post
    Spaghetti squash is a fun food. I always wonder what the seeds would be like toasted. Anyone ever toast them up?
    Yep! They're good!

Spaghetti squash is awesome. I was concerned I was having an adverse reaction to it, but it turned out to be something else. Now my household has spaghetti squash once or twice a week. It's quick and easy and good for you!

If you're trying to stay low-carb, maybe don't eat the whole thing at one sitting. Otherwise, go to town on it!

Cook the spaghetti squash,Then take a fork and shred it. Saute onion and garlic in a little bit of olive oil and butter, throw in some basil or parsley.Toss the spaghetti squash and mixture together and VOILA... Delicious as a side or main dish!

Created by - Free Calorie Counter

the seeds are just like pumpkin seeds, which I love, and usually just eat right out of the squash after it's done

new users beware, a largish squash can make A LOT of "spaghetti", so if you are only feeding 1-2 people, get the smallest one you can find; also, it is mostly water, so it doesn't freeze well or keep well very long, it will release a lot of water over time

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by heatseeker View Post
    Spaghetti squash is actually pretty low in carbs, compared to most other squashes or tubers. I regularly eat 1-2 cups of the stuff with homemade bolognese sauce. Also, if mac and cheese was your comfort food as a kid, spaghetti squash with butter, garlic salt, and parmesan or nutritional yeast tastes gives me the same warm fuzzy feelings. Love it.
    yeah so true. I love this type of squash. It's so filling and it such a good alternative to a regular pasta