Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spaghetti Squash - definitive information? page 2

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoBlog View Post
    Spaghetti squash is a fun food. I always wonder what the seeds would be like toasted. Anyone ever toast them up?
    Yep! They're good!

merryish is offline Senior Member
    Spaghetti squash is awesome. I was concerned I was having an adverse reaction to it, but it turned out to be something else. Now my household has spaghetti squash once or twice a week. It's quick and easy and good for you!

If you're trying to stay low-carb, maybe don't eat the whole thing at one sitting. Otherwise, go to town on it!

lala70 is offline Senior Member
    Cook the spaghetti squash,Then take a fork and shred it. Saute onion and garlic in a little bit of olive oil and butter, throw in some basil or parsley.Toss the spaghetti squash and mixture together and VOILA... Delicious as a side or main dish!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Wulf is offline Senior Member
    the seeds are just like pumpkin seeds, which I love, and usually just eat right out of the squash after it's done

new users beware, a largish squash can make A LOT of "spaghetti", so if you are only feeding 1-2 people, get the smallest one you can find; also, it is mostly water, so it doesn't freeze well or keep well very long, it will release a lot of water over time

cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heatseeker View Post
    Spaghetti squash is actually pretty low in carbs, compared to most other squashes or tubers. I regularly eat 1-2 cups of the stuff with homemade bolognese sauce. Also, if mac and cheese was your comfort food as a kid, spaghetti squash with butter, garlic salt, and parmesan or nutritional yeast tastes gives me the same warm fuzzy feelings. Love it.
    yeah so true. I love this type of squash. It's so filling and it such a good alternative to a regular pasta

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12