Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird cracks in my hands; is it Satan? page

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member

Weird cracks in my hands; is it Satan?

Primal Fuel
    I'm waking up each morning with a new tiny cut, looks like a paper cut, on the back of my hand. Once or twice, they looked like small (pea-sized or less, but irregular, not round) abrasions. Once or twice, I noticed them in the evening before bed, not morning. The abrasions I noticed because blood was dripping off my hand! It's always on the back of my hand (usually backs of fingers, not always in the lines), except once in a fingernail bed. They hurt like a paper cut and seem prone to minor infection. I haven't found any objects in them.

There is nothing sharp in my bed. My nails are short & dull. I don't cut. MY HANDS ARE NOT DRY. I've found lots of people across the internet having this problem, and everyone tells them to use lotion. Thanks to primal/paleo WOE, my lifelong dry skin is totally gone and my hands are smooth as a baby's bottom, not dry or cracked at all.

This has been happening over the last three weeks.

This is pretty typical of the response gotten on the internet (other than dry skin): Small unexplained cuts appearing on body (pic) - Bodybuilding.com Forums

So we are ruling out in advance possession, aliens, stigmata, cutting, & vampires. Anybody got any realistic guesses? I'm certain this is some kind of health problem. I'm on (natural) thyroid meds. The worst thing I can think of is parasites. :P
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

otzi Guest
    Hey MG - My first reaction is Chilblains - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . When I lived in the UK, it seemed a pretty common ptroblem, and not everyone presents the same.

Have you tried putting on a good bunch of aloe vera lotion or something similar before going to bed? A good way to rule out any weirdness going on at night (aliens, rats, self-gnawing) would be to wear a thin pair of gloves to bed and see if that changes anything.
    Good luck!

Hmmm. No redness, itching, blisters, or inflammation, though. It literally just looks like a paper cut. (Or in the one or two cases, a simple small abrasion.) In a different part of my hand each day, usually the backs of my fingers.

I haven't put anything on my hands b/c they're just not dry at all. They feel wonderful! The gloves is an interesting idea for some self-experimentation.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    I have had these tiny red slits (altho no bleeding) on the back of my hands a few times. I have always figured it's just dry, cracked skin. I remember them being painful.

Sounds just like mine, and it's easy to understand why most people chalk them up to dry skin, since most people have dry skin these days (especially on hands, especially in the winter).

No dry skin here. None.

otzi Guest
    Maybe your O3:O6 ratio is off and you have leaky mitochondria...I suggest more seafood, CT, and a tinfoil hat...just kidding!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Do you have a cat? Could it be some kind of tiny insect or parasite?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    everybody's tip toeing around it, well i'm just gonna come out and say it

a vampire is feeding on you at night
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    everybody's tip toeing around it, well i'm just gonna come out and say it

a vampire is feeding on you at night
    Well that much is obvious, though it must be a small and not very hungry vampire.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

otzi Guest
    Mamagrok - I tried PM'ing you but your inbox is full...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast