Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird cracks in my hands; is it Satan? page 2

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Rob View Post
    Well that much is obvious, though it must be a small and not very hungry vampire.
    it's a baby vampire

his teeth are still growing in
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    everybody's tip toeing around it, well i'm just gonna come out and say it

a vampire is feeding on you at night
    Silly, I mentioned vampires in my original post!

So we are ruling out in advance possession, aliens, stigmata, cutting, & vampires.
    Otzi - I cleared some PMs out. Tin foil hat is in the on position!

I do have a cat who sometimes sleeps at the foot of my bed (never near me), but have had him for years, and he has no known parasite issues, nor is likely to leave such surgically precise paper cuts, the abrasions that happen in the evening when he's not around, or the paper cut like cuts others on the internet have reported who have no cats!

It is just so weird, seriously.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Silly, I mentioned vampires in my original post!
    i wear glasses and vampires can't be seen in glass things, as somebody up there said

i didn't see it, and had to guess that i was spelling the word correctly when i typed it

insidious eeeeevil
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I've had this! Did you ever have a skin condition? I had eczema when I was a child, and as an adult it would surface occasionally on my hands. Since going Primal it's completely cleared up, but I've noticed that if I eat certain things my knuckles will start to get dry, and if I really overdo it I'll get those red cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i wear glasses and vampires can't be seen in glass things, as somebody up there said

i didn't see it, and had to guess that i was spelling the word correctly when i typed it

insidious eeeeevil
    The reference was in the link! Which was hilarious btw.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Do you live/sleep alone...?

has no one asked this?
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I've had this! Did you ever have a skin condition? I had eczema when I was a child, and as an adult it would surface occasionally on my hands. Since going Primal it's completely cleared up, but I've noticed that if I eat certain things my knuckles will start to get dry, and if I really overdo it I'll get those red cuts.
    I've never had eczema. I used to have terribly dry skin head to toe, and KP on my upper arms & legs. All disappeared with primal, and my hands are still smoother than any hands I've ever seen before, let alone how my own used to be. The knuckles aren't dry; nothing is dry. They're perfectly soft & silky.

Just with paper cuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    Do you live/sleep alone...?

has no one asked this?
    Yes, probably my husband is paper cutting me while I sleep. Sheesh.

I've never had eczema. I used to have terribly dry skin head to toe, and KP on my upper arms & legs. All disappeared with primal.
    That sounds pretty like me. I got one of those red cuts around Christmas time when I wasn't being very Primal (the knuckles don't have to be dry for me to get it). Basically, in my experience it was dietary. Did you eat anything recently that may have had gluten or soy in it without you realising?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

It's certainly possible I unknowingly was glutened. I want to think along the lines of things like this that seem possible.

I never had this happen back when I ate CW healthy (7-11 svg whole grains/day!) or even when I was 80/20, though. It's not in my history (the paper cuts). I wonder very much what the mechanism would be.

What I *do* know is that the standard answer given to everyone asking this question out in internetland is "Your skin is just cracking because it's too dry. Drink more water." I used to get cracked skin from dryness, but that was quite different from this. That's clearly not what's going on here.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It's certainly possible I unknowingly was glutened. I want to think along the lines of things like this that seem possible.

I never had this happen back when I ate CW healthy (7-11 svg whole grains/day!) or even when I was 80/20, though. It's not in my history (the paper cuts). I wonder very much what the mechanism would be.

What I *do* know is that the standard answer given to everyone asking this question out in internetland is "Your skin is just cracking because it's too dry. Drink more water." I used to get cracked skin from dryness, but that was quite different from this. That's clearly not what's going on here.
    IMO it's definitely not a hydration thing. People pin every skin condition down to water consumption! I drank so much bloody water when I was a vegan and couldn't understand why my skin was like tissue paper...

Anyway, my rudimentary understanding is that, like any chemical equation, different combinations of factors will have different effects on your physiology. In the past, gluten may have had one effect on you because of the other things you were doing. Change the other factors, add a dash of gluten, and the result may be different.

- Ray Peat

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast