Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Overcoming BED and EDNOS page 2

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hi Tina,

I am a recovering binge eater too. I am currently working on a Low carb, high fat, moderate protein paleo plan that is helping me get in longer clean periods. Why don't you join us over at the EMF thread, so you can get some support from the group.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77549.html
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

TinaJefferson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Magnesium deficiency written all over you.
    I take a 250 mg magnesium every evening. Should I up it?

Thanks for pointing me to that thread, Pebbles. I'm not sure how to figure out what my macros should be. With binge eating, you completely lose sight of what it is to be hungry or satiated. Any resources that can help me figure out what my targets should be for weight loss?

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    The macro information is in the first post of the thread along with other information.
    If you post your ht., goal wt. and age in the thread, we can help you with a place to start.

Thanks Pebbles! That post is eeeepppiiiccc. I'm slowly working my way through it, and will post soon my stats on that thread soon.

I have a long to-do list today, and hope that making progress with that will keep my mind off food. I have a habit on the weekends, when I'm doing stuff around the house, to just keep eating and eating. I want to stick to my plan today, and if I eat it all of my food plan food within a 2 hour window, then so be it. It's amazing how much I want to eat. I want to eat all of it.

b-pork sausage link, 2 eggs, kale stems and some red pepper
    l- chicken leg quarter, roasted haricots verts and some cauliflower
    s-hard boiled egg, scoop of homemade artichoke pesto
    d- chicken leg quarter, roasted cauliflower

I am pretty good at sticking to plan during the week, but wowee are weekends hard. It's amazing to think back to a time when I didn't have this strong, overwhelming compulsion. But I know there was such a time. I miss it.

BINGE

I binged on primal foods. Ugh. I'm the worst.

spaghetti squash with artichoke pesto, 12 chicken wings, a pint of bourbon, a 2-liter of diet root beer, 7 slices muenster cheese, 1 large tub full fat fage with cinnamon.

Ugh. I don't know if it's worse to purge or not purge. TMI? Probably. But I'm trying to be honest here.
    Last edited by TinaJefferson; 02-24-2013 at 02:57 PM. Reason: edited to add binge details

March was an absolute shit show. April will be better.

Current weight:188 lbs
    Low weight: 160
    Happy weight:165-168

No breakfast
    Lunch- Romaine salad with chicken and banana peppers, dressed with red wine vinegar and olive oil
    dinner- kielbasa, sauerkraut, brussels sprouts with bacon and walnuts

coffee, lots of seltzer and herbal tea

11am- 1 hb egg
    12:45pm- leftover ham, roasted asparagus
    5pm-1 hb egg
    8pm-Chipotle chicken salad with green salsa and fajita veggies, over a bag of romaine, more leftover ham

coffee, seltzer, herbal tea

louisem is offline Member
    I am also trying to stop binge eating. I have been trying to do paleo for the last couple of months and have not lost any weight at all. I am also battling depression. I am trying to get back to exercise too but failing miserably. So well done on going to the gym! I am about 173lbs and 5 foot 2 so am very overweight. Have you tried meditation? I find it really helps when I can do it. Can I also recommend a book to you too? I love books! Creative Visualisation by Shakti Gawain. I need to re-read it myself too. I hope you get where you want to go and wish you all the best with everything.

7am- 2 HB eggs
    12:45pm- leftover ham, roasted asparagus
    6pm- 3 chicken thighs, 3 hot wings, 2 chunks pork
    7pm- 3 pork chops, 2 bags of haricots verts

A ton of coffee, tea, and seltzer, and a MILLION packs of gum.

Today is a day I want to binge. I'm listening to my brain make a million justifications for buying ice cream and a bottle of wine. I'm fantasizing about what I want to binge on, then try to purge. It's insane how strong the impulse is. I'm just trying to sit back and listen and think about myself tomorrow, and how much better I'll feel if I stop this cycle. I want this to be a clean month. No binges at all. I won't give up.
    Last edited by TinaJefferson; 04-04-2013 at 03:39 AM.

7am-1 hb eggs, 1/2 cup haricots verts
    11am- few pieces grilled chicken, 2 chunks ham, 1/2 hb egg, few bites broccoli salad
    12:45pm-2 pork chops, haricots verts, bowl of broccoli salad
    7pm-1 hb egg, 1/2 cup haricot verts
    8pm- giant salad from Moe's, with pork, grilled green peppers, and mushrooms

I have got to stop with the gum. 3 full packs. My face hurts from it. It's become compulsive and awful.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast