Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice please page

dizzyorange is offline Senior Member

Advice please

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Is it okay to ask a girl over for a home cooked dinner on a first date? I understand the neutral space thing (cafe or drinks) but I've not much of a bar or restaurant person. My ideal date would be a hike but it's cold out.

Should I make steak or something lighter?

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    it's a first date, so unless you two have visible fireworks sparkling i wouldn't go all out on dinner making
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I think it depends. Do you already know her? Are you two both foodies?

Personally, if a guy that I didn't already know, or a good friend hadn't vouched for, asked me to his place for dinner on a first date, I'd run for the hills. It's a security thing.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

I already know her, we've chatted 3 or 4 times (in person) in a non-date setting. She's already agreed to a date, I just don't know what to ask her to do. Not sure if she's a foodie or not (but what girl isn't?)

Oooh, lots aren't. Particularly when it comes to nice, juicy, bloody steaks. (sad, but true)

Do you mini-golf? Maybe find an indoor course, since it's a bit cold for outside. Think outside the box.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    you should leave a trail of hershey kisses to your bed and have the room filled with candles and pictures of her

no, i'm kidding, don't do that
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Do that. Then videotape her reaction to post for our amusement.

jkr
    jkr is offline Senior Member
    Nope. She doesn't know you well enough, most likely and you have no clue what she likes to eat.

lemontwisst is offline Senior Member
    If you've spoken in person a few times and she's still open to a date, invite her over - if it were me, I'd go.

I would say you can't really go wrong with a nice roasted chicken, a big salad and maybe some oven-roasted squash on the side. Pretty standard fare, foodie or not. And then you'll have a nice carcass left over for bone broth. Or a creepy shrine after you're done with all those candles and photos of her.

Of all those things I think the videotaping would be least conducive to a second date.

Mini-golf? I went on a mini-golf date once and it was such a disaster I'm not even going to tell you what happened.

I texted her: "Let's cook dinner or grab a bite." So if she's not comfortable coming over she might pick the bite. Good idea or too wishy-washy?

I need some pointers, it's been a WHILE.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast