Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Advice please page 5

PBNewby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzyorange View Post
    But if she wants to go out, I guess to bite the bullet and ask her to drive
    You could always offer to drive the car (her car). She might appreciate that.

lemontwisst is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PBNewby View Post
    You could always offer to drive the car (her car). She might appreciate that.
    Personally, I'd be way more okay with a home-cooked meal on a first date than letting someone I don't really know (and have never seen drive) drive me anywhere in my vehicle. And if she doesn't appreciate it, you put her in the awkward spot of saying no in the nicest way possible.

Don't let the fact you don't have a car hinder you...if she isn't a flake, something like that shouldn't be a dealbreaker.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lemontwisst View Post
    Don't let the fact you don't have a car hinder you...if she isn't a flake, something like that shouldn't be a dealbreaker.
    True, but I would give her a heads up before hand or have something planned within walking distance.

ELizabeth826 is offline Senior Member
    Just tell her that you don't have a car. I know people used to think that having a car was a big status symbol, but I think that is changing a lot. Speaking as a 20 something woman, if a guy was like, "Hey, I don't have a car because I use public transportation most of the time. I'd really like to take you to xyz place because it's delicious/fun/interesting/whatever, would you mind driving?" I would be totally fie with that. I would probably respect that you don't pay for a car you don't need, contribute to pollution, etc. Don't feel emasculated because you don't have a car that you don't actually need. If she is awesome, and I assume she is if you want to date her, she will not think less of you for making smart choices about your lifestyle.
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

PBNewby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lemontwisst View Post
    ...And if she doesn't appreciate it, you put her in the awkward spot of saying no in the nicest way possible...

In the context of the original discussion, I offered the OP an out for the possible uncomfortable-ness of asking her to drive. If she doesn't appreciate his offer to drive her car, and prefers to be the driver herself, she can easily say so without saying "no".

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    even just reading about all this tip-toeing around makes me anxious ! I think OP and date will be fine. Has it happened yet??

dizzyorange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sjmc View Post
    even just reading about all this tip-toeing around makes me anxious ! I think OP and date will be fine. Has it happened yet??
    haha in a couple days

pace2race is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What about renting a car? Something basic and easy to get around in.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345