Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice please page 2

dizzyorange is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by lemontwisst View Post
    If you've spoken in person a few times and she's still open to a date, invite her over - if it were me, I'd go.

I would say you can't really go wrong with a nice roasted chicken, a big salad and maybe some oven-roasted squash on the side. Pretty standard fare, foodie or not. And then you'll have a nice carcass left over for bone broth. Or a creepy shrine after you're done with all those candles and photos of her.
    Is YYC a real place?

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    A while, huh? I guess that brings up the question- how old are you and she? I think that might make a difference here.

I wasn't aware that mini-golf could go badly. And I've even been banned from playing by my friends

Lemontwisst- nice out of the box thinking. Dinner and creepy shrine-making would be a very memorable date
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

lemontwisst is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzyorange View Post
    Is YYC a real place?
    It is - YYC is the airport identifier for the city.

As for your other question, my take is that if you asked her for the date, you decide what the date will entail. But she might like that you're looking for her input, too. If she comes back with a non-committal answer, bite the bullet and ask her over. The worst she can do is say no.

dizzyorange is offline Senior Member
    late 20s, she's a couple years younger. I was fat and on SAD with man-boobs and no job hence a WHILE.

Now I'm primal, employed, and running sprints in snowstorms. Though there's much room left for improvement.

Unfortunately the PB does not enhance your social skills (maybe I need to get that new book he wrote?).

Mini-golf can go very badly.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Ask her to choose if she wants to go somewhere, or let you cook for her.

PBNewby is offline Senior Member
    How about bowling?

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    There's always room for improvement, but it sounds like you're a catch now. So own it. If she's non-committal from your text, call her and say "I'd like to cook you dinner. What do you like to eat?" If she turns down dinner at your house, have a plan B on hand, but being confident (or pretending to be) is a good thing. If she says pasta- figure out how to primalize it and roll with it
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

lemontwisst is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    ...but it sounds like you're a catch now. So own it.
    +1. And if you feel the confidence is lacking, fake it 'till you make it.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    No. Too intimate, I'd take her someplace public, fun, less pressure to be forced to make conversation in an overly quiet environment for an hour. I'd run away.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

katemary is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    What is wrong with movies and something to eat afterwards. The movie is always good to talk about later and lead into non threating discussions like movies, actors, stories.

Public is better. Besides, then you don't have to worry about food plus how you look plus how spotless the place is and what things can be readily discerned by stuff you have lying around.

Then you can suss out her enthusiasm for other events or whether she would be interested in you cooking dinner.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast