Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Children's lunches photo thread page 5

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi Ayla, have you tried a home made aioli or dip, to have with the vege sticks ???? If you do send it to school a tupperware or plastic container might be better than a metal container. My homemade aioli has a wee bit of vinegar in it - it might react with the metal ????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    He won't eat my mayo, but yesterday he had guacamole
    It seemed to be OK in the stainless steel container.
    I don't have any tupperware or plastic LOL

I don't buy milk.
    Ill google for that recipe and check it out, thanks Jenn.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    I think it would only be the vinegar aspect that could react, so Avo would be fine - IMO
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Ill have to test it out G. I am pretty sure stainless steel is pretty resilient, but now I want to know

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    Ayla - do you make those lamb sausages or buy them? I assume you aren't in the states so if you buy them local I guess I'm out of luck. Lamb and mint sausages sound fantastic!

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosnic View Post
    I've noticed that there's a lot more fruit/carbs in these lunches compared to what people here say they eat.

I've also noticed that packing carbs for lunch is a lot easier. Fruit, and even sometimes rice (albeit mixed with veggies and some meat), it's just more convenient. I don't eat eggs, so no hard boiled...
    These are children. There is absolutely no reason to restrict carbohydrates in active, growing children. They need ALOT of energy.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Quote Originally Posted by meeshar View Post
    Unfortunately, I can almost guarantee that when I open this box this afternoon, most (if not all) of the ham will still be there, and possibly the string cheese. And then I'll put it on the table and she's not allowed to ask for any snacks until she actually eats it. ::sigh:: It's a daily struggle.
    Its only a struggle if you choose to make it a battle. It doesn't have to be. It simply is the way it is. We have the same rule after school...no other snacks till your lunch is all gone. They don't even question it anymore. They know what I'm going to say: "You don't have to like it, you just have to eat it. Or don't. You'll be good and hungry at dinner." (or breakfast, or whatever the next meal is)

I think kids snack too much. They need to work up an appetite once in a while in order to appreciate the food.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    Its only a struggle if you choose to make it a battle. It doesn't have to be. It simply is the way it is. We have the same rule after school...no other snacks till your lunch is all gone. They don't even question it anymore. They know what I'm going to say: "You don't have to like it, you just have to eat it. Or don't. You'll be good and hungry at dinner." (or breakfast, or whatever the next meal is)

I think kids snack too much. They need to work up an appetite once in a while in order to appreciate the food.
    I think so too. Mine would prefer to graze all day (on fruit in particular) than eat meals. It's gotten bad enough to where I'm going to have to put my foot down (and also tell the neighbors, seeing as she gets snacks from her friends' houses). I was almost right, she didn't eat any of the ham or carrots. When she asked for a snack the moment we walked in the house, I opened up her lunchbox and told her she had to finish it. And she did, amazingly without any fuss, so I think it's sinking in now.

Quote Originally Posted by meeshar View Post
    I think so too. Mine would prefer to graze all day (on fruit in particular) than eat meals. It's gotten bad enough to where I'm going to have to put my foot down (and also tell the neighbors, seeing as she gets snacks from her friends' houses). I was almost right, she didn't eat any of the ham or carrots. When she asked for a snack the moment we walked in the house, I opened up her lunchbox and told her she had to finish it. And she did, amazingly without any fuss, so I think it's sinking in now.
    They are stubborn little buggers. But really, what else do they have to do all day but dig in their heels? They're not always being difficult on purpose. Pushing boundaries and questioning everything is how they learn.

My 9yo will say "I'm hungry!" so I tell him to eat an apple or a banana. "I don't want an apple or a banana." Then dude, you're not hungry. "Yes I am!" ok so what do you want then? "A granola bar". Nope, you had one today already. You're welcome to have any fruit or veggie you can find, and as much as you want, you don't even have to ask. "I guess I'm not hungry then." Mom-1, kid-0
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast