Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Children's lunches photo thread page 4

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Like mine?
    I struggle to find things he will eat cold, hence no starchy carbs. Otherwise id give them to him.
    What about fruit?
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    The meat above is ground lamb, mixed with herbs and spices, and they were on sticks.

I will talk to the teacher today about nuts, I want to send macadamias to school with my son, I need some other fat ideas for him. Cooking things at home, and serving them hot is much easier. Adding butter to things that end up cold would be gross.

He has an apple for his fruit break. Yesterday he had strawberries as well. Today we were low on fruit, going to buy more.

Dried fruit is convenient. Fruit leather, raisins, dates stuffed with cheese, papaya, etc.

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Oh, and fruit smoothie in a thermos. Homemade potato chips cooked in coconut oil, lard, etc. tapioca, potato starch, and rice flour makes nice breads and wraps, too.

Not interested in buying dried fruit due to the sulphites, never seen it without.
    Plus he wouldn't eat it anyway.
    He does like date balls, but I generally make them with nuts. I am going to get some dates today and make them, just with coconut and see how he goes.

My son generally eats more fruit once he gets home anyway. Plus starchy carbs with dinner.

I don't primalise foods often. Occasionally will bake something with coconut sugar, but I am not interested in replicating breads etc.
    Thanks though.

I could do the potato chip thing actually, he might like that.
    Thanks for that idea. If I get them thin enough they should be crispy, plus cooking in coconut oil will give him more fat.
    I am also going to buy some chocolate moulds, and make those coconut hearts ive seen around the place (creamed coconut)

I need to get a thermos. Won't the smoothie kind of settle though and be gross? Will have to try it, I do make them coconut cream smoothies at home sometimes.

Shop Now
    If you can get a mandolin to slice the potatoes and other veggies with, you'll get the thinness for chips. A sharp vegetable peeler could work too. As far as the smoothie goes, shaking or stirring it before drinking should fix the separation if it happens. Chocolate milk is another idea. Sweeten with honey, maple, coconut crystals, etc.

Btw, pao de queijo isn't a recreation, it's a Brazilian cheese bread recipe that uses only tapioca as flour.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast