Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eating near bedtime?

Hybrid View

Eating near bedtime?

I have to eat every three hours, but not while I'm asleep. As a result I tend to try to eat something small at the very most a couple of hours before sleeping. I know that dehydrated veg works nicely as evening/night-time snacks, but I'm rarely able to make batches of these with my dehydrator. Can anyone suggest any snack ideas?

I dehydrate meats for snacks, which are perfect for me being low carb / keto most the time. (they last for up to a week or so) I also like celery for late night snacks. Just curious, what do you have to eat every 3 hours?
    Regards,
    ~ Chris

I can eat anything within paleo every 3 hours (paleo foods digest better), but I have to eat because of a stomach condition. I like dehydrated meats but really I need an alternative which is easy and fast to make. I'm a student and I leave my dehydrator at home so I don't spend on the electrics!

Quote Originally Posted by My Stomach Eats Me View Post
    I can eat anything within paleo every 3 hours (paleo foods digest better), but I have to eat because of a stomach condition. I like dehydrated meats but really I need an alternative which is easy and fast to make. I'm a student and I leave my dehydrator at home so I don't spend on the electrics!
    Gastroparesis?

Quote Originally Posted by zizou View Post
    Gastroparesis?
    Not quite. A 'preprandrial bradygastria'. Essentially, the rhythm doesn't function properly when I don't eat...but it's under the wide name of 'motility conditions' so there are more symptoms, even when I do eat.

You are probably not enough enough fat if you are needing to eat every 3 hours.

Why do you need to eat every 3 hours? If you can go 8 hours without eating while you're sleeping, you can go 5 or 6 hours while you're awake.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Coffee makes me sleepy, especially with cream or coconut milk in it. So I usually have that with a few carbs, like carrot sticks or turnip slices.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    Why do you need to eat every 3 hours? If you can go 8 hours without eating while you're sleeping, you can go 5 or 6 hours while you're awake.
    I have a stomach condition about which very little is known. The electrical rhythms in my stomach don't work properly if I don't eat every three hours (though occasionally I can go over this. It's more of a general rule of thumb, and if I have a couple of days of going over it then I tend to find that it's worse on the second day). While I'm asleep I'm not aware of the problem, so it's fine. If I lie in late then I tend to be aware of it, and if I haven't eaten for a few hours before bed then I'm also aware of it. The main unique symptoms are regurgitation and a particular type of pain.

Some fruit, a handful of nuts, a piece of cheese, an avocado, etc. Dehydrated vegetables sound...nasty. I'd rather have my vegetables fresh or cooked, the thought of rehydrating them is not so appetizing.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."