Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eating near bedtime? page

My Stomach Eats Me is offline Junior Member

Eating near bedtime?

I have to eat every three hours, but not while I'm asleep. As a result I tend to try to eat something small at the very most a couple of hours before sleeping. I know that dehydrated veg works nicely as evening/night-time snacks, but I'm rarely able to make batches of these with my dehydrator. Can anyone suggest any snack ideas?

bluechip is offline Member
    I dehydrate meats for snacks, which are perfect for me being low carb / keto most the time. (they last for up to a week or so) I also like celery for late night snacks. Just curious, what do you have to eat every 3 hours?
    Regards,
    ~ Chris

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    You are probably not enough enough fat if you are needing to eat every 3 hours.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Why do you need to eat every 3 hours? If you can go 8 hours without eating while you're sleeping, you can go 5 or 6 hours while you're awake.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Coffee makes me sleepy, especially with cream or coconut milk in it. So I usually have that with a few carbs, like carrot sticks or turnip slices.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    Why do you need to eat every 3 hours? If you can go 8 hours without eating while you're sleeping, you can go 5 or 6 hours while you're awake.
    I have a stomach condition about which very little is known. The electrical rhythms in my stomach don't work properly if I don't eat every three hours (though occasionally I can go over this. It's more of a general rule of thumb, and if I have a couple of days of going over it then I tend to find that it's worse on the second day). While I'm asleep I'm not aware of the problem, so it's fine. If I lie in late then I tend to be aware of it, and if I haven't eaten for a few hours before bed then I'm also aware of it. The main unique symptoms are regurgitation and a particular type of pain.

I can eat anything within paleo every 3 hours (paleo foods digest better), but I have to eat because of a stomach condition. I like dehydrated meats but really I need an alternative which is easy and fast to make. I'm a student and I leave my dehydrator at home so I don't spend on the electrics!

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Some fruit, a handful of nuts, a piece of cheese, an avocado, etc. Dehydrated vegetables sound...nasty. I'd rather have my vegetables fresh or cooked, the thought of rehydrating them is not so appetizing.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Hard-boiled eggs can be mashed up with primal sauces (like guac) and nibbled at near bedtime, to keep your stomach easy until you fall asleep.
    Nuts and sliced apples are good too.

Basically anything you can pick at, so you don't have to eat a large meal, but can keep your stomach full until you fall asleep.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

zizou is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by My Stomach Eats Me View Post
    I can eat anything within paleo every 3 hours (paleo foods digest better), but I have to eat because of a stomach condition. I like dehydrated meats but really I need an alternative which is easy and fast to make. I'm a student and I leave my dehydrator at home so I don't spend on the electrics!
    Gastroparesis?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast