Thread: Primal in Pittsburgh! page

AntonioCal is offline Junior Member

Primal in Pittsburgh!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm a 22 year old male living primal in Pittsburgh, PA. None of my friends or family are primal or grain-free and I'm looking for some primal buddies to exchange recipes and other tips (like where to find local farmers' markets, grass-fed animal products, etc), maybe a workout buddy and just for general support. I'm not sure if there are a lot of PBers in the PGH area but I'm trying to find out. If you're in the area reply or send me a PM!
    22 year old male in Pittsburgh. Primal since 9/12.

I've been through it briefly it seems okay. I do most of my shopping right now at East End Co-op though.

Clinton is offline Junior Member
    I'm from the burgh too! You might want to try Trader Joe's (east end) most stuff is cheeper than Giant Eagle or Whole Foods. Aldi is the best bet for cheep fruit and veg. Also if your not looking for grass fed or organic meat, Weiss Meats (in the south hills is VERY cheep)

The co-op is great. Cheaper than Whole Foods and a ton of local produce/meat. It's on Meade st just off of Penn Ave in Point Breeze/Regent Sq. I've been looking for somewhere with a good selection of grass-fed organ meat, bones, etc. The co-op has a good selection but mostly just ground meats,steaks, and liver.

silly_april is offline Junior Member
    Hi, I know this is old, but just thought I'd suggest Your Family Farmer | Some want Organic... Some want Raw... Some want Grass-fed... We've got it All! Great pastured chicken, beef, pork, raw dairy, goat products and even kombucha scobys. The list goes on! They have several drop points in the pittsburgh area and there is no minimum. They are not the cheapest, but the quality is excellent.

lrichards31 is offline Junior Member

Cool Grass-fed/Grass finished meats in Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by AntonioCal View Post
    The co-op is great. Cheaper than Whole Foods and a ton of local produce/meat. It's on Meade st just off of Penn Ave in Point Breeze/Regent Sq. I've been looking for somewhere with a good selection of grass-fed organ meat, bones, etc. The co-op has a good selection but mostly just ground meats,steaks, and liver.
    I am a distributor for the best Grass-fed/Grass Finished Meats in the Pittsburgh area! I work for Big Horn Ranch in Pittsfield, Pa. A small family farm ran by the most intelligent grass farmer on the planet. We offer Grass-fed/Grass finished & Pastured Meats through our monthly CSA program. Beef, Pork, Lamb or Poultry. You will receive your choice of 10 pounds or 5 pounds of our products, individually packaged and frozen and delivered to your area each month. Check out our products on our newly designed website created by yours truly! Home The Pittsburgh CSA starts next month!

Hope this helps