titanlily is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Posting late today- crazy day
    Real quick today's food-
    B 4 pieces bacon
    L salad with olive oil and beef
    S wasabi seaweed
    D: dried fruit and piece of chicken
    I don't think I can make it to the gym today but will try to walk home from 59th street so that is like 20 mins walking

Okay here goes- some drama last night- the guy i am dating is kinda good and kinda really bad. On one hand he is reliable, i know he wouldn't cheat, he always picks up the phone and wants to see me. And basically that's where to good stuff ends. He has a very very difficult personality, and doesn't know or understand women at all. If he doesn't get his way or if there is something he doesn't like he explodes get loud and is like "its over". All the damn time. Maybe dating in medical school is not the best thing to do, but when i call you after a 14 hour day, say im exhausted and just wanted to check in and then Im tired and I need to go to sleep- I don't think that should be cause for an argument. My friends tell me to be nicer- but I think bottom line- this guy that I am dating just doesn't understand me and alot of time makes my life harder instead of easier. Can I say on a side note he has no sisters and the mom left the father due to (probably him being an ass) early in his life... I need someone who understands how hard my life is right now, who brightens my day, who makes me feel special. Not someone who is constantly getting mad bc of my schedule, when I say what things I need..aka I need to go to sleep, and everything else. So last night he wanted to know if we were going to hang out this weekend , and i said i don't know I have alot of work...and he freaked out. So basically he's not getting what he wants. Its like riding the rollercoaster of crazy. He hangs up on me and then calls me back and says that he can't do this anymore for the 15th time, and he said that im always miserable. So i told him thanks for the compliment and don't call me anymore. Then I get a bunch of random text messages, 1st one was like who even says (insert line here)?!?!?! I don't know even know what that one was about or what he meant. the second one I got was "lets make up the fun way" - Okay no- not if that is following up a random angry text message, the third text I get is about me and my schedule and how he wishes that he met me before bc I was probably alot nicer - okay thanks bub- you knew who you were dating when we started. And lastly one that says to check my voicemail. Hmmm....I really can't deal. Im just gonna delete everything and not talk to him. I have to many problems of my own and am too busy and stressed out to deal with this...don't you all agree? And to be honest I do have a soft spot for him, but im thinking down the line- to be married to someone who doesn't understand me is not what I want. So Im hoping I will stay strong with my resolve.
    On another note, got on the scale today and its 149.8
    food
    b: 2 pieces of bacon, dried fruit black coffee
    L: salad with things
    d: chicken and veggies
    gym: gonna try lets see with this blizzard

gwestrich is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by osgoka01 View Post
    1) Ditch the guy. Life is too short and there are amazing, caring men out there.
    2) You've got this. If you feel the need to eat a muffin/binge/obsess over food, drink 2 big tall glasses of warm water. Then, if the binge feeling is still on you, do 10 pushups against your desk (as you are probably studying) and run in place for 20 seconds (get the heart pumping).
    3) If the above doesn't cut the craving, you are probably hungry & it is time to eat something Paleo & delicious. Your body is stressed... you are tired and overworked. Feed yourself something nourishing like eggs w/ avocado or a yummy grass fed burger.

Rooting for you!

Very good points. That is exactly what I do and the obsession will usually go away.

Good luck Titanlily

so this weekend self imploded. The guy situation got pretty bad and my eating got way off track....Ive been having some sleepless nights etc. It hasn't been good.
    So for tomorrow I need to run some errands maybe Ill make it to the gym and i need to go buy groceries for the week
    I will start my primal eating up again tomorrow.
    I will post my food later

Okay Its monday. Thank god. This weekend was the craziest situation ever. Well not the craziest ever, but it was definatly stressful. I feel super bloated and stuff from eating garbage all weekend. I feel really flabby and out of shape, and am still recovering from the emotional meltdown so I don't know if the gym is happening. I did eat primally today, and made a great recipe that I want to share with you guys
    So I previously oven roasted a package of organic chicken thighs with the bone
    had some cans of coconut milk, shredded cabbage, chili peppers, garlic, turemic, and bell peppers
    I basically pan fried the bell peppers and cabbage in a large pot with the spices, then added the coconut milk and brought it to a boil and then let it simmer. In the meanwhile I chopped up the remaining stuff and tore up my cooked chicken into bite size pieces and threw it into the pot. I cooked it for another 5 mins until it was steaming. Then i stored it in the fridge and am going to have delicious food for the next couple of days. This mix is great over lettuce or any other uncooked leafy green. i had left over strawberries and added it to the mix for dinner last night and it was AMAZING! the strawberries accompanied it perfectly
    Food for today
    b 2 eggs milk with half half
    L: chicken cabbage mix
    d:chicken cabbage mix on lettuce

primal eating went great today- had my 3 meals and went to gym and lifted weights. did a little bit of cardio but not much. Glad to be back on track. On scale today 149
    Tomorrow's eating
    B: egg muffin
    L: veggies and beef and 2 figs
    Thinking about doing the leptin reset....anyone have any ideas?

osgoka01 is offline Junior Member
    Hey Titan,
    Glad you are back on the wagon. Are you eating enough during the day so you don't get overhungry? I will occasionally revert to bad habits of restricting during the day because I'm busy/stressed/ insert random excuse, and then get the old "urge" to overeat.

My advice on the Leptin reset? Wait a bit. You have alot on your plate. Do you want to add more? Perhaps get 2-3 weeks of solid Primal eating/living under your belt so you have your confidence back. Let us know how you are doing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12