Hi All,

Just ordered the book and can't wait for it to arrive, It will
    probably be a couple of weeks. I would like to know how
    and where do I start while I am waiting for my book to
    arrive.

I have been reading though the forum, and there is some
    great stories and success's.

Is there many from aussie here, I would love to know, I see
    there are poeple from all over the world, unreal.

From what I have read so far, makes a lot of sense, so I
    am keen to start, I have about 20kg to lose.

Can't wait to get to know you all better

Cheers
    couchie

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    Hey! a fellow Aussie!

I've just started too and will be ordering the book in the next day or two when I finish agonizing over the rest of my Amazon wishlist.

I forget where I found it on Mark's Daily Apple, somewhere there was a '101/beginners' newsletter signup, and each day I've gotten an email with some information and links to the most important topics on the blog. A great way to find out what you need to know.

My first thing was to ditch the white bread, sugar, rice, and potatoes (and a week later, reluctantly, oats. I love my porridge!) It's pretty tough when you've been a sugar junkie for your entire life! I found myself staring at the pantry thinking 'what will I eat?' - luckily I had some walnuts and macadamias in there, and plenty of veggies in the fridge.

A good idea to come up with a bit of an eating plan and shopping list pretty quickly so that you have some easy low-carb alternatives and don't get tempted. This is the thing I'm finding hardest at the moment, as I'm just not used to reaching for the Primal choices and our house is full of junk!

johnny vassa is offline Junior Member
    Hi Couchie & Helen,

I have also just registered today, great site and look forward to being an active member. I also started by ditching processed carbs and was amazed by the results. What is the government and medical community trying to do to us? It really annoys me walking down the street surrounded by overweight people eating crap with the heart foundation tick!

Anyway, enough venting for now, time for positive thinking, give some thought to an Aussie version of PrimalCon for next year,

Cheers,

Jonny Vassa

Mog
    Mog is offline Senior Member
    Hey from another Aussie. If anyone else has hints on good shopping sources (organic fresh food) in Sydney, love to hear them!All the best with the new lifestyle - I don't think it matters where we are from, this forum is a very supportive community ...but great to meet some fellow Aussies.

Ocean is offline Junior Member
    HI fellow Aussies,

I'm from Victoria and in my attempt to become primal I have sourced many organic organisations that will deliver in and around Melbourne. If anyone needs these contact detials for these organisations let me know and ill be more than happy to pass them on.
    Good to see there are more Aussies on here.

Brian C. is offline Member
    To a beginner it’s all trial and error. When I first started I ate tones of fruit, but then I read posts and realized I needed to eat less fruit and focus more on veggies. My advice to a PB newbee is to look up old recipes on MDA and make them. Once you’re familiar with them expand onto your own creations post them here and people will tell you what to change. This is a good post to get the basic’s started: 10 Steps to “Primalize” Your Pantry. Then just read the posts on Primal Blueprint 101 section, focus on the Definitive Guides. I love animals and respect the greatly, but they are my fuel; that’s just the circle of life. Try and get the free range grass fed meat, so that it doesn’t look like the sad animals from Food Inc. listen to your body, it will tell you when you’re missing something, or if you have too much of something; however, when starting off some side effects are normal. All are explained in the PB book. My advice is to not be afraid, get excited! Don’t worry, just jump in.

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Mog View Post
    Hey from another Aussie. If anyone else has hints on good shopping sources (organic fresh food) in Sydney, love to hear them!All the best with the new lifestyle - I don't think it matters where we are from, this forum is a very supportive community ...but great to meet some fellow Aussies.
    I found organic beef in coles at $15kg for mince and $31kg for cuts of meat. According to Choice all Aus organic beef is pasture fed.