Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saturated fat page 2

peril is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So eating six slices of bread is inflammatory? I can accept that
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Sat fat also lowers triglycerides.

Why do they always lump saturated fat with trans fat together? They are as far apart in chemical structure as fats can be?!?
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Timthetaco Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    So eating six slices of bread is inflammatory? I can accept that
    Can you accept that a meal containing two and a half times the carbohydrates from wheat and a third of the fat is less inflammatory?

peril is offline Senior Member
    More seriously, the macros were very different between the two meals on all counts - fat (59.2 vs 20.6% of energy), protein (12.6% vs 6.5%) and carb (28.5% vs 72.9%). How can one draw the conclusion that saturated fat was the significant difference? And of course, the results are interpreted in the context of current theory of artherogenesis rather than established fact. Interesting for forming hypotheses but hardly conclusive. For example, what if it is the protein that makes the difference to endothelial activation? Does this mean we should aim for a diet containing less than 12% protein by energy? Perhaps endothelial activation is a necessary adjunct to eating, with artherogenesis only being a problem in specific circumstances, such as a high LDL particle count. For me these studies really can't tell those of us eating for health much as they only indicate areas for further research
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    The confounders are everywhere. Thats the point. Pizza.....so we have tomato added to one meal but not the other. Fat...sausage makes up a significant portion and if they are actually considering pizza for the other control I'm not so confident in them choosing pasture raised and properly processed pork product. Like I said its just such muddied water I dunno what you can glean from it if anything. This could be a stuy damning PUFA, supporting tomatoes, or anything in between. Hell, I just read peril's comment and yes even the protein could be suspect.

Actually I'm leaning toward the tomato's being the primary effector here. Good evidence of this in other studies.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 02-03-2013 at 03:20 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12