Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Do any of you count calories? page 5

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I counted when I first started about a year and a half ago. But haven't in at least a year. Still lost 130 or so pounds. But have slowed way down as of late. I hope to start seeing more changes in the mirror as opposed to the scale.

tiva is offline Junior Member
    I track my food using one of the many great online apps (I like LoseIt, but there are other good apps as well). I track mostly to make sure my macros are in a good range for me, and to see how my weight fluctuates over the years. But it's also interesting to see the calories. (If in the afternoon I find that I'm way over my average calories, I probably change behavior for the rest of the day and have a lighter final meal.) The history on the app lets me know that macros matter a lot more than calories for my weight--the higher the proportion of fat and the low the carbs, for me, the easier it is to lose weight and then maintain. Your mileage may vary, of course.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Never ever ever do I count. I know when I'm overeating and undereating, and I like to mix it up between the two, with some consideration given to my workout schedule. If there's one benefit I wish for everyone who eats paleo/primal/ancestral, it's appetite regulation. It's a truly beautiful thing.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    I don't count calories. I've found that with Primal, my appetite self-regulates. I've lost 14 lbs since my start date of Nov 26, simply by eating primal. I exercise only moderately, mostly walking, recently. I know some people still need to count calories because not everyone is the same, but you might find that you don't need to.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

BygoneCat is offline Member
    I log my food on PaleoTrack. I do keep an eye on my calories - if not I tend not to eat enough. I also like it because it helps me pay attention to my Omega 3/6 ratio and whether I am getting enough vitamins from my food. Like others have said, some days I eat more calories, but I usually eat less the next day without thinking about it.

14emom is offline Member
    I count them because I can eat too little, and then my body goes into starvation mode. Not everybody likes to count, it's an individual thing. I like to count too because I like information. Just the way I'm built.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    I used to have insecurities with counting calories and food, so counting calories brings back my general craziness/food issues. On days when I count calories earlier in the day, I end up overconsuming at the end of the day. If I add up and look at stuff at the end of the day, right before sleeping, I am dandy at my maintenance/slightly less than maintenance.

I'm weird like that

elfman5150 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Being new to the PB diet, I don't count my calories per se, but I DO watch my ratio of carb/protein/fat. I'm trying to stay around the 15/35/50 or so for carb/protein/fat ratios. I feel that if I am able to roughly stay at that, then my appetite really does self-regulate as others have mentioned before. Before, when I had roughly half carbs, I would get much hungrier quickly.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345