Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This probably gets asked all the time... page 3

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    I usually drink up to 2 large mugs with some cream or h&h.
    I have always wondeded about the quantity and quality of sleep of the heavy coffee drinkers.
    If I am to have more than 2 cups, or if i have coffee in the afternoon, i stay awake for hours at nite.

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    You guys drink coffe black?
    Like, no sugar either????

Oh yuck...

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tarek View Post
    It really depends on how YOU feel drinking it. Personally, I usually stick to one 12oz. cup per day, but you might find that you do well with more.

The only way to discern its effects upon your body is to test it -- make note of how certain amounts effect your sleep, weight, skin, mood, energy, etc. If you experience negatives in any of these areas, try drinking a different amount. As a general rule with coffee, more is not necessarily better.

As a side note, the quality of your coffee can be just as important as the amount you drink. You can order unroasted coffee and roast/grind it at home -- unroasted single-origin coffee can be found online for about $5 - $7 per pound, which is an incredibly better deal than paying $14+ for a pound of stale coffee that was roasted or ground six months ago. If you use 3 - 4 tablespoons per 12oz. of coffee, one pound will give you 8 - 10 cups of coffee, which ends up being between $0.50 - $0.87 per cup. Awesome price for some of the best quality coffee you can have!

As far as your dairy intake goes, I wouldn't stress it. Heavy cream and yogurt (along with butter) are some of the more friendly types of dairy available. Again, if you're worried, test it. The most obvious signs that dairy isn't working for you are skin issues, digestive issues, fatigue, and weight gain.

Any recommendations on the beans, by chance? Thanks.

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=the_walrus0;1082785
    I don't mind my coffee black, but I am desperately in love with my greek yogurt!![/QUOTE]

Oh man, me too! The low-fat or non-fat is like eating shaving creme IMO compared to FF GY.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    There's actually a gene that regulates caffeine metabolism as I understand it. Some people have a fast caffeine metabolism, some people don't. Some people can drink tons of tea and coffee and barely notice it, others get jittery after one cup of green tea.

The best way to find out if you haves fast metabolism or not is to listen to your body. If you're starting to get stressed out, jittery, the feeling of being stretched thin, then you might be better off with just one cup in the morning or even dropping the coffee altogether. On the other hand, if you feel great downing a liter of the stuff, have at it!

Just listen to your body and make sure you are still feeling good. The Primal Blueprint is about getting in touch with your body and learning what makes you feel good and what doesn't and caffeine is no exception to that.
    Last edited by Drumroll; 02-03-2013 at 08:36 PM.

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry H View Post
    Any recommendations on the beans, by chance? Thanks.
    Check out Sweet Marias. They're located in CA, but they ship pretty much anywhere. I was using a Kenyan variety for a while, and am now waiting on some coffee from El Salvador to ship. Prior to that, I bought unroasted coffee from a local place that sourced their beans from a single farm in Gautemala. It was really good stuff.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123