Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This probably gets asked all the time... page 2

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Drink as much as you can tolerate without suffering jitteriness, adrenal fatigue, or insomnia
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    My SO has to stick to 2 cups or she feels really crappy, I can cane it all day long and still sleep nights, though I have never had more than about 5-6 mugs in a day. Creamy coffee tends to reduce the amount of meals I eat, so that;s probably not nutrionally optimal. But one coffee with cream a day is fine IMHO.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

lala70 is offline Senior Member
    I drink about 4 large cups in the morning and usually another couple of large cups in the afternoon ( I drink it black ).I am addicted for sure! I go to bed around 9 o'clock every night and wake up at 5 every morning and feel very rested. So ,I will continue to drink coffee as long as it isn't affecting me in any negative ways.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    For me, it's about when more than how much. I'm not in the 6-8 cups a day league. I drink a 12 oz mug of espresso in the morning and occasionally, I drink another mug before 5pm. If I give in to a craving for coffee much after 5pm, I know I'm not going to fall asleep 'til the wee hours of the morning.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    I generally only drink coffee when I'm in the office. It kind of relaxes me. I don't drink it at all on the weekends and have never made myself coffee outside of work. I drink 1-2 12oz cups with about a tablespoon of half and half in it. Not much, but if I drink more it leads to an undesirable feeling. I've learned not to drink it after 2pm or it leads to less sleep.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

JennGlob is offline Senior Member
    I am so excited to know my 3-4 6oz mugs a day aren't nearly as bad as I thought. I love my coffee, but can't drink it after 3:00.
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

tarek is offline Senior Member
    It really depends on how YOU feel drinking it. Personally, I usually stick to one 12oz. cup per day, but you might find that you do well with more.

The only way to discern its effects upon your body is to test it -- make note of how certain amounts effect your sleep, weight, skin, mood, energy, etc. If you experience negatives in any of these areas, try drinking a different amount. As a general rule with coffee, more is not necessarily better.

As a side note, the quality of your coffee can be just as important as the amount you drink. You can order unroasted coffee and roast/grind it at home -- unroasted single-origin coffee can be found online for about $5 - $7 per pound, which is an incredibly better deal than paying $14+ for a pound of stale coffee that was roasted or ground six months ago. If you use 3 - 4 tablespoons per 12oz. of coffee, one pound will give you 8 - 10 cups of coffee, which ends up being between $0.50 - $0.87 per cup. Awesome price for some of the best quality coffee you can have!

As far as your dairy intake goes, I wouldn't stress it. Heavy cream and yogurt (along with butter) are some of the more friendly types of dairy available. Again, if you're worried, test it. The most obvious signs that dairy isn't working for you are skin issues, digestive issues, fatigue, and weight gain.

the_walrus0 is offline Member
    I think I might have a slight dairy intolerance, as I switched my almond milk for some of the organic, less messed with cow's milk and some heavy cream, as well as started cooking with butter and I've found I'm having stomach pains, gas, bloating and other issues. These are new sources of dairy. Before going primal I used unsweetened almond milk in my coffee and I ate cheese often and in abundance. I have always had digestive issues and I assumed much of it was from my SAD diet, but now I wonder if I may have some lactose or casein intolerance. Of course, I'm sure the grains, sugar and beans wasn't helping before. Maybe I can clear up some of my digestive issues by cutting out some of the dairy.

I'm going to cut out the cream, try cooking with ghee and stop using the milk and see how I feel. I might have to have my artisan cheese as a rare treat. I don't mind my coffee black, but I am desperately in love with my greek yogurt!!

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    I personally can't handle more than 3 cups a day or I get jittery, and I can't have any after 5pm or I'll have trouble sleeping. I just had a sad moment, I really wanted some coffee to help me get through some chores and realized it was later than I thought. ::sigh:: My "cup of coffee" is in the form of espresso though--a double shot over hot water (Americano) with a splash of heavy cream and a few drops of stevia. In the summer that changes to iced. I used to drink way more than that, but I had a heart problem a few years ago and had to go off caffeine entirely, losing my tolerance in the process.

Sefton is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    3 to 5 cups ...6 to 12 oz. each. With my first mug at home being the biggest with cream and cc oil...a pinch of sugar.

I am not addicted to coffee....I just drink it to avoid getting a headache.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast