Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Oz is not the Devil? page 5

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    In my opinion, I would rather have a full-time surgeon than a very part-time one.
    Of course. A very important point.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    I find myself speechless.
    Good.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anna5 View Post
    Good.
    Hey- Your snarkiness is neither necessary nor appreciated. I've made no attacks on you. We disagree on whether Dr. Oz is a credible doctor- big deal. Move on.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Hey- Your snarkiness is neither necessary nor appreciated. I've made no attacks on you. We disagree on whether Dr. Oz is a credible doctor- big deal. Move on.
    No, exactly true.
    "I'm surprised that people aren't able to separate Dr. Oz the showman from Dr. Oz the doctor." This seems to be pretty aggressive.
    I would like to repeat what we all know - he's showman. He is also a surgeon, but we don't know any details. BTW, NYPH happens to be my hospital and a place where I spent a lot of time with relatives a decade ago or so. No, I didn't encounter him, but the examples I gave are real. Yes, I know this hospital is just like any other hospital.
    Just yesterday, a friend who a has a serious health problem told me that her doctor, also a surgeon (in a different field and ... somewhere) was complaining that he is constantly pressured to perform surgeries he thinks are not only unnecessary, but also dangerous. He says he resists the pressure. He is an authority in his field, but he isn't a TV star. Yes, he was handsome when younger.
    Last edited by anna5; 04-09-2013 at 05:12 PM.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    No, exactly true.
    "I'm surprised that people aren't able to separate Dr. Oz the showman from Dr. Oz the doctor." This seems to be pretty aggressive.
    That was a general statement, not directed at anyone specifically but rather at the 5 pages of comments. And I'm not sure- short of not commenting at all- how I could have expressed myself more politely. I didn't direct my comment at anyone, I didn't call anyone names, I didn't use any bad language, and I didn't utilize sarcasm. Apparently it's just the fact that my POV disagreed with yours? Who knows. I suggest since you find me so abrasive that you put me on ignore and then we won't have any misunderstandings.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Never wrestle with a pig - you get dirty and the pig likes it.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Of course, what we do know about him is totally unattractive: a dishonest showman. So suddenly on this one day he becomes a paragon of decency. We have no idea how he reached the position he has at Columbia: smiled a lot? slept around? kissed important a-sses? Forgive me for being cynical, but I firmly believe that although chances that one achieves a high position in the present day American medicine just because of brain and skills exist, they are rather small.

Yes that may be - I personally don't watch him - he and his show are a sick joke, but he has lot of 'followers' - mostly women it seems.

Point is often people that like him and even ones that dislike him say he's a brilliant surgeon.

I'm saying : where's the evidence of his brilliance in SURGERY? ( surgical operations, NOT directorships, board memberships, lecturing etc )
    Not that he hasn't or cant do surgery, there are plenty of surgeons that can do that.

Brilliant means the best of the best in my mind.

How do they know he's that good?

Its often said so it must be true?????

Quote Originally Posted by EatMoveSleep View Post
    Yes that may be - I personally don't watch him - he and his show are a sick joke, but he has lot of 'followers' - mostly women it seems.

Point is often people that like him and even ones that dislike him say he's a brilliant surgeon.

I'm saying : where's the evidence of his brilliance in SURGERY? ( surgical operations, NOT directorships, board memberships, lecturing etc )
    Not that he hasn't or cant do surgery, there are plenty of surgeons that can do that.

Brilliant means the best of the best in my mind.

How do they know he's that good?

Its often said so it must be true?????
    Exactly my point. I don't watch him either (I don't have TV), but I did check one or two short videos on the Internet, as I did watch one or two Oprah shows when I had TV and it was "Now I am thin, now I am fat, now I am thin, now I am fat."
    But yes, many women and some real, big brown/black pigs like them both.
    Last edited by anna5; 04-11-2013 at 07:42 AM.

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member

This is his bio at Columbia: Mehmet C. Oz, MD, FACS - Department of Surgery

It's worth a look. I think it's pretty clear he's got the creds as a doctor.
    I see a short list of actual surgery and a huge list of directorships/chairmanships, associations, media awards, media appearances,
    writing articles, 11 books , co-written numerous medical articles, business, TV shows, etc,

I assume this guy takes time to eat/sleep and spend some time for family, take holidays, exercise etc

We are to believe he has dedicated time to hone brilliant surgical skills also has time to maintain these brilliant skillls ( not just any run of the mill surgeon - but brilliant).

That list is just evidence he spends his time networking brilliantly.

I would much prefer a dedicated and experienced surgeon work on me - rather than one that needs to get to a media or business appointment

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by EatMoveSleep View Post
    I see a short list of actual surgery and a huge list of directorships/chairmanships, associations, media awards, media appearances,
    writing articles, 11 books , co-written numerous medical articles, business, TV shows, etc,

I assume this guy takes time to eat/sleep and spend some time for family, take holidays, exercise etc

We are to believe he has dedicated time to hone brilliant surgical skills also has time to maintain these brilliant skillls ( not just any run of the mill surgeon - but brilliant).

That list is just evidence he spends his time networking brilliantly.

I would much prefer a dedicated and experienced surgeon work on me - rather than one that needs to get to a media or business appointment
    Very little can be added.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast